+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wenger

Wenger

Going ballistic over West Broms penalty ..Phookin hilarious..

At least he saw it!

His face when the penalty was awarded priceless! Absolute Karma for the daylight robberies for Arsenal he has missed.

Cannot stand the smarmy arse.

Wenger's post match comments sounds a lot like the stuff we experience every game:

“I’m angry because we have seen the same things again. I did fight very hard for the referees to become professional many years ago with David Dein, and they did a good job to allow them to be professional. But I see no improvement.
    “There are two countries in Europe where you have professional referees, in Italy and in England, and not one English referee will go to the World Cup. But everything is all right. We cannot say a word against it because they’re untouchable. That is the truth. It’s not only me that judges them.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Wenger's post match comments sounds a lot like the stuff we experience every game:

“I’m angry because we have seen the same things again. I did fight very hard for the referees to become professional many years ago with David Dein, and they did a good job to allow them to be professional. But I see no improvement.
    “There are two countries in Europe where you have professional referees, in Italy and in England, and not one English referee will go to the World Cup. But everything is all right. We cannot say a word against it because they’re untouchable. That is the truth. It’s not only me that judges them.”
    He's 100% right, they get paid a lot of money, they're full time professionals, and they're fecking useless and getting worse. Diving, time-wasting, verbal abuse etc, they have all the tools at their disposal, in the laws of the game, to eradicate all of it, but they fail miserably, in fact their incompetence often contributes to making the problems worse.

With correct refereeing decisions I reckon we would be at least SEVEN points better off than we are now!

How the phook that was not a penalty on Saturday I still do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    He's 100% right, they get paid a lot of money, they're full time professionals, and they're fecking useless and getting worse. Diving, time-wasting, verbal abuse etc, they have all the tools at their disposal, in the laws of the game, to eradicate all of it, but they fail miserably, in fact their incompetence often contributes to making the problems worse.
    Wenger is arrogant and opinionated and only sees what he wants to see. His touchline behaviour and contempt for officials is a disgrace and sets a terrible example to players. I hope the FA throw the book at him and then some more books and finally a bloody great book.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Wenger is arrogant and opinionated and only sees what he wants to see. His touchline behaviour and contempt for officials is a disgrace and sets a terrible example to players. I hope the FA throw the book at him and then some more books and finally a bloody great book.
    Thing is Outwood, his contempt for officials is justified. They can throw the book at Wenger for me, I couldn't care less, but at the same time I wish they would address the appalling standard of officiating which is ruining game, after game, after game. Just chucking the book at various managers for telling the truth, for pointing out what we all know anyway, isn't a bit of use, except for diverting attention away from the real problem of appalling officiating, and onto irate managers instead.

It is impossible not to believe the EPL panel referees are not being corrupted in some way.

Hendrick gets wiped out at Huddersfield and no penalty, WBA awarded a ridiculous penalty for alleged "handball" are just two examples of quite breath taking "Unbelievableness Jeff."

Not sure what is going on but if this was horse racing, there would definitely be a steward's enquiry!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)