+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wenger

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Thing is Outwood, his contempt for officials is justified. They can throw the book at Wenger for me, I couldn't care less, but at the same time I wish they would address the appalling standard of officiating which is ruining game, after game, after game. Just chucking the book at various managers for telling the truth, for pointing out what we all know anyway, isn't a bit of use, except for diverting attention away from the real problem of appalling officiating, and onto irate managers instead.
    I take your point Sinkov about poor refereeing. We have been the victims of that on numerous occasions. I am talking about Wenger’s behaviour while the game is in progress. I can’t forget his reaction when Burnley were awarded a penalty at the Emirates last season. The berating of officials, the full flounce as he was sent to the stands etc etc. How do you expect players to control themselves when their manager behaves like that. Fair enough to go to the referee room at the end of the game and have a proper exchange of views.

..and they wonder why kids and their parents are going completely over the top with bad behaviour in the youth leagues? Dyche just remains phlegmatic and composed and gets on with it whilst the likes of Wenger and the Special One do the "hurt foreigner thing".

Maybe it's just me Outwood, but I quite enjoy seeing managers in a strop, that occasion when Wenger kicked a water bottle, got sent to the stands, got lost and ended up with the United fans was a comedy classic imo. Warnock is another, his tantrums have provided hours of entertainment for me over the years, most can't be doing with him, I love him.

To be fair I do probably prefer Sean's more dignified, restrained response to these refereeing aberrations, but even he looks like he's getting close to breaking point at the regularity with which these clowns are getting it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It is impossible not to believe the EPL panel referees are not being corrupted in some way.

Hendrick gets wiped out at Huddersfield and no penalty, WBA awarded a ridiculous penalty for alleged "handball" are just two examples of quite breath taking "Unbelievableness Jeff."

Not sure what is going on but if this was horse racing, there would definitely be a steward's enquiry!
    I read a couple of days ago BT that these referees have a group meeting every two weeks, where they discuss the issues and problems they have and how best they can resolve them. The mind boggles, whatever they discuss and decide has no effect whatsoever, the same rubbish decisions and inane officiating ruining games week after week. Seems to me that these meetings must be little more than an all expenses paid jolly for all the good they do, better to scrap them and start reducing their match fee, £5k off for every glaring error, that might concentrate their minds, after all players and managers get fined, why not them.

I've never mentioned this before but I am (was) a qualified referee. I took it up when I was in charge of the Baxenden Juniors many moons ago.

I have played in and refereed more games than I can possibly remember and honestly cannot remember any howlers like this lot are currently making.

The one with Mike Dean was beyond my imagination. Just how big are the envelopes?

I often wondered how big the envelope was that persuaded Mike Dean to blow three minutes early in our Wembley Play Off Final. And the Blades had two reasonable penalty shouts turned down as well. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Mike ever since that game. I also felt for him a couple of seasons back, when he was the first to attempt to eradicate the all-in wrestling bouts that occur at every corner. He was crucified for applying the new directive and hung out to dry by his fellow refs, who instead of getting a grip of it themselves (no pun intended), continued to turn a blind eye.

Back tracking a bit Guys, I watched the game last night and turned it off before the goals. Wilshere should have had a yellow for diving and Fabregas got the yellow wrongly, needs reversing. He should have been off the pitch by the time he scored. There was so much diving and cheating and Wenger is as much responsible as anyone.
    I wasn't at the Arse game at the turf where we were cheated, but a mate said the Arse players were diving all over the pitch for the last 30 mins when it was obvious they had a problem beating us fairly.
    Solution, retrospective panel to look at all games, 3 game bans for divers and cheats. Another thing, managers who appear to advocate cheating also require big punishments, big fines and touchline bans please. I am sceptical of VAR sorting these issues. These referee meetings they talk about how to identify a penalty by the way someone falls and the like. Un-natural falls bla bla bla. Back to basics for me, all this 'there was contact so it's a pen' is a load of cod. Proper foul in the box = pen. Nudge, clipped, ball to hand, bought pens, book players for claiming a pen for these. Give us a proper game back, last night was ridiculous.
    Last edited by wmdave_b; 04-01-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Well he is only saying what a lot of other managers are thinking.**** refs and liners to scared to give correct decsions.

Just let the game evolve in the ways which FIFA obviously would support. Get rid of all physical contact by penalising everything, get rid of the onfield officials and do everything by video screen so that every decision will be 100% scrutinised --better still give a small video screen to every fan when he enters the ground and give him a voting pad so that he can then become involved.
    Come on FIFA --you know it is the only way forward so that everyone can really enjoy football again.
    Thank goodness that I am the wrong side of 70 and no longer involved in grassroots football --what a nightmare this could turn into. The referee's decision has ceased to be final and is now up for discussion by all an sundry.

banned and fined forty grand for "abusive" behaviour
    in the refs room v West Brom.

Still facing being banned for comments about Hazard v Chelsea.

40 grand FFS .. equivalent of me being fined a penny ..lol

an absolute waste of time and a Phookin joke from the FA premier league ..
    Last edited by alfinyalcabo; 05-01-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)