+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That penalty

That penalty

All over the news, it was our ist in over 50 odd games. Remember the one we should had at Arsenal Karma.

They were all talking about balance...Chambers had his arms down by his side...the proper way to balance yourself...but then he moved his arm across his chest to stop the ball...knocking the ball away in the process...ok, a natural thing to do when you don't have the bottle to take it in the chest or your belly but it did control the ball in their favour...no yellow card (yellow an appropriate word if ever there was one) but still a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    They were all talking about balance...Chambers had his arms down by his side...the proper way to balance yourself...but then he moved his arm across his chest to stop the ball...knocking the ball away in the process...ok, a natural thing to do when you don't have the bottle to take it in the chest or your belly but it did control the ball in their favour...no yellow card (yellow an appropriate word if ever there was one) but still a penalty.

Could not agree any more with that statement.

One of the few things Mike Dean called correctly yesterday. So biased in favour of Arsenal during open play it was unbelievable at times. And so what if Arsenal have thrown their waxed sacks in the air over it?

I don't recall many of them stating we should have had a pen' when on top at their place earlier this season. What I do remember is how many pundits creamed themselves over how clever Santi 'diving' Cazorla was when dropping to the floor as if he'd been shot by a sniper at their place in 2012 when in the general vicinity of Stephen Reid.

Karma's a bitch and sometimes it cums back at you in the @rsene.

Fk off.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    One of the few things Mike Dean called correctly yesterday. So biased in favour of Arsenal during open play it was unbelievable at times. And so what if Arsenal have thrown their waxed sacks in the air over it?

I don't recall many of them stating we should have had a pen' when on top at their place earlier this season. What I do remember is how many pundits creamed themselves over how clever Santi 'diving' Cazorla was when dropping to the floor as if he'd been shot by a sniper at their place in 2012 when in the general vicinity of Steven Reid.

Karma's a bitch and sometimes it cums back at you in the @rsene.
    Fk off.
    Self edit, heavy night last night .

That penalty could be the turning point. I remember a certain own goal up at Man City a few years back.
    Great to see us leave two up for their corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    That penalty could be the turning point. I remember a certain own goal up at Man City a few years back.
    Great to see us leave two up for their corners.
    Often the best way to defend isn't it? they must cover the long ball clearance...unlike West Ham last season went gung ho and the clearance went to Rondon in his own half and the whole outfield of West Ham were 10-20 yards wrong side of the ball...hope they do that again tomorrow...

I don't remember such a 'hue and cry' from the media when we weren't awarded a penalty at the Emirates for what was as an equally, if not more, obvious penalty. Whinging Wenger and his cheating players, going down at every opportunity, got their just desserts.

To be fair, it wasn't a penalty (in my opinion).

Having said that, these things do even themselves out. We had a stonewall pen not given against them earlier in the season. So I've got no sympathy with them or Wenger.

A lot of people saying we haven't had a pen for 50 games, but for most of the last 50 games we've spent barely any time in the oppo's box. We'll win more penalties now with Pardew and our new found change of style.

Its quite sickening really all this outcry and bluster about a penalty decision that just so happened to go against one of the so called 'Big 5'. Maybe its because it's such a rarity in the Premier League given the powers that be need and want the most marketable clubs to retain their status and the clubs like ourselves should be content with our lot.

I wish some of the fools who called Five Live could listen to themselves. If Arsenal do not make the Champions League it will be because of their own inadequacies and not a referees decision. This outcry is typical of many of the new breed of supporters who have only ever known the Premier League and who think they have a divine right to roll over teams like us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)