+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to kick your own support in the teeth.

How to kick your own support in the teeth.

The DUSF steering group attended a meeting of the Supporters' Liaison Group two days before Xmas. The minutes aren't out yet but DUSF tabled some questions in advance which received written replies. One of the q's related to improving the 'library-like' atmosphere at home games. The answer was 'unfortunately musical instruments aren't allowed because of complaints by neighbours'.

What a load of absolute junk that response is.The 'atmosphere' question is debated now & again & admittedly there are perhaps more pressing issues but this one jars with me. That being the reaction to what is no more than a request for increasing support gives no confidence whatsoever in the running of our club & it impresses upon me that a top-to-bottom clearout is fundamental.

P.S. Other questions (e.g. financial transparency) were sidelined too & are worth a look.

Have a day off.

I wondered why the George Fox is so quiet.
    They are being considerate to the neighbours.

This is the issue that makes you question the running of the club?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    This is the issue that makes you question the running of the club?
    No Terry not on its own. But if they turn a blind eye to allowing us to improve the atmosphere at our ground what hope have we got? It's not stretching things to say that a livelier support might make the difference between automatic promotion or not.

Someone gets a tin drum from Santa for their Xmas and takes umbrage because he isn't allowed to beat it at Tannadice?

What should be drummed into the United Board is that only fast, exciting football will create an atmosphere at Tannadice.

I hate drums at football. The only way to create a good atmosphere is by having decent football to watch.

Have to confess when I read the thread title I thought baldy had sold Fraser and Robson on Hogmonay. With regard to the atmosphere at Tannadice, as we saw against Livvy. If the team plays well on the park then the whole ground starts singing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdad View Post
    Have to confess when I read the thread title I thought baldy had sold Fraser and Robson on Hogmonay. With regard to the atmosphere at Tannadice, as we saw against Livvy. If the team plays well on the park then the whole ground starts singing.
    Haha, me too! I was sure Fraser was gone.

Dusf have gone very quiet in recent times.

Any updates on how things are progressing in terms of their aims etc?

Same question to Fans United.

Any protests planned?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)