+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Scottish cup prices

the whole of scottish football is overpriced.and the matchday experience overall leaves alot to be desired
    read something the other day about the price to get into liverpools kop in the 60.s or 70's think it was 30p,and the author worked out inflation and real living costs and the clubs have given themselves quite a mark up over the years

we have a 1 horse race up here and that certainly doesnt help

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    thats the point i was making gb,obviously if you rely on foodbanks etc you wouldnt be attending and paying todays entry prices,wonder how the shankley would look if they trialled a "pay what you can match"

it shouldnt be forgotten that many of todays "less fortunate" have put much money into the club in better times,how many people realise that you are only 2 or 3 pay days and a rub of bad luck away from financial hardship?

The guy can afford to pay full price but feels its a total rip off, he is paying what he feels it is worth by using a loophole in the admission policy by DFC....

But if dee were to somehow close the loophole, they would be a fan and a couple of hundred quid down....

I just think zero thought goes into price structuring at dens, whether its ST or PATG

Im amazed ICT agreed to season tixs holders getting in cheaper, yet there fans will have to pay more....

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Some don't want change I can accept that but nobody has given me a decent reason bar its always been done like that.
    Phase in equalization over 5 years....job done.
    The basic reason for an age based concession is that there is a considerable difference in the income that a pensioner or a young person has and the money that is being earned by someone in full time employment. The final salary pension schemes, that are now being closed, handed a stream of income which enhanced the universal state pension and although their income was still substantially below what they were previously earning, they had more disposable income because their outgoing a on family and housing had dropped substantially. Times as you say have changed and it seems likely that the next generation will not experience the same financial security when they retire.
    I think you are mistaken in thinking that the removal of age related benefits will solve things. Take away the direct payment to the bus companies that come from taxation and are generated by the use pensioners make of their travel concessions and I think that the number of trips will drop and the bus companies will need some other way to raise revenue. You could transfer the benefit to the young but unless you accept a means tested system you seem to me to be changing one unfair system for an equally unfair system.

I'm not sure if you think all benefits should be means tested.

went down to a sunderland v leeds fa cup tie with my mate a cpl o years ago,pretty sure it £5 a head and kids free or a quid,there wasna many seats empty

the whole of scottish football is overpriced.and the matchday experience overall leaves alot to be desired
    read something the other day about the price to get into liverpools kop in the 60.s or 70's think it was 30p,and the author worked out inflation and real living costs and the clubs have given themselves quite a mark up over the years

we have a 1 horse race up here and that certainly doesnt help
    Also think there are 3-4 thousand dees out there on a Saturday who puck n choose there games, and a trial of pay what you csn afford might be worth a wee gamble by the club at a game say against Hamilton.....

Could be minimum fiver so guys arent taking piss, downside is obviously season tix holders feeling a bit undervalued

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    The guy can afford to pay full price but feels its a total rip off, he is paying what he feels it is worth by using a loophole in the admission policy by DFC....

But if dee were to somehow close the loophole, they would be a fan and a couple of hundred quid down....

I just think zero thought goes into price structuring at dens, whether its ST or PATG

Im amazed ICT agreed to season tixs holders getting in cheaper, yet there fans will have to pay more....
    By closing the loopholes and concessions they may be able to lower standard price and attract more.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    The basic reason for an age based concession is that there is a considerable difference in the income that a pensioner or a young person has and the money that is being earned by someone in full time employment. The final salary pension schemes, that are now being closed, handed a stream of income which enhanced the universal state pension and although their income was still substantially below what they were previously earning, they had more disposable income because their outgoing a on family and housing had dropped substantially. Times as you say have changed and it seems likely that the next generation will not experience the same financial security when they retire.
    I think you are mistaken in thinking that the removal of age related benefits will solve things. Take away the direct payment to the bus companies that come from taxation and are generated by the use pensioners make of their travel concessions and I think that the number of trips will drop and the bus companies will need some other way to raise revenue. You could transfer the benefit to the young but unless you accept a means tested system you seem to me to be changing one unfair system for an equally unfair system.

I'm not sure if you think all benefits should be means tested.
    All benefits and I do mean all should be means tested but the means threshold should be increased significantly.

Think the threshold for income related benefits starts at £85 per week far too low and if memory serves me correct £16k in savings.....I would raise savings threshold to at least 6 figures, I'm not into penalizing folk for saving but there must come a point where people simply do not need it and 100k would be my starting point.

I'd keep disabled spaces blue badge and disabled spaces but people would still pay for space instead of being free.

You can be a millionaire in this country and receive benefits that's wrong, plain and simple.

Your first sentence I fundamentally disagree with.

thats the point i was making gb,obviously if you rely on foodbanks etc you wouldnt be attending and paying todays entry prices,wonder how the shankley would look if they trialled a "pay what you can match"

it shouldnt be forgotten that many of todays "less fortunate" have put much money into the club in better times,how many people realise that you are only 2 or 3 pay days and a rub of bad luck away from financial hardship?
    Your hearts huge shaded mine froze over decades ago.

Food banks are now a political weapon to beat politicians with.....there are poor people.....shouldn't be but there are and it ain't right....starving people? Nah no for me.

People can't make a pot of soup? Stovies? Ham and egg pie?

At last election we had a nurse on 33k per year claiming she had to use a food bank....really?

Very few people take fiscal responsibility for their own lives albeit it isn't taught or taught very well in schools.

People want things now and take on credit the saving ideology seems to have evaporated.

Save when times are good.

All benefits and I do mean all should be means tested but the means threshold should be increased significantly.

Think the threshold for income related benefits starts at £85 per week far too low and if memory serves me correct £16k in savings.....I would raise savings threshold to at least 6 figures, I'm not into penalizing folk for saving but there must come a point where people simply do not need it and 100k would be my starting point.

I'd keep disabled spaces blue badge and disabled spaces but people would still pay for space instead of being free.

You can be a millionaire in this country and receive benefits that's wrong, plain and simple.

Your first sentence I fundamentally disagree with.
    I thought my first sentence explained why age related benefits were invented. Reading back I can see that it does not reflect the situation as things are today.

My problem is that poverty is measured as a percentage of average wealth. Just the way maths work you are never going to get rid of poverty so we should try to find a way to help those who are"less fortunate" to use Shaded's expression. Means testing is full of problems. The cost of living isn't uniform, people in London staying in council houses where the benefit to them can be in the £ thousands. Would everyone get the same amount of housing benefit no matter where they lived. I'm not convinced that means testing is practical, however there should be a way of not paying benefits to people with high earnings. As successive Chancellors have discovered trying to restrict the ability of people to claim benefits is very difficult and with the new social media firestorms than can be whipped up I doubt that means testing will do anything other than increase the entitlement band wagon.

Your hearts huge shaded mine froze over decades ago.

Food banks are now a political weapon to beat politicians with.....there are poor people.....shouldn't be but there are and it ain't right....starving people? Nah no for me.

People can't make a pot of soup? Stovies? Ham and egg pie?

At last election we had a nurse on 33k per year claiming she had to use a food bank....really?

Very few people take fiscal responsibility for their own lives albeit it isn't taught or taught very well in schools.

People want things now and take on credit the saving ideology seems to have evaporated.

Save when times are good.
    Someone’s hacked Ross’s acount.

Can’t disagree with any of this.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)