+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Port Vale 01/01/18

A good win but would like us to start playing the ball more on the ground, dominating teams a bit more, creating more chances and start taking them but hey, this is only my opinion to which I feel I am entitled to although others will disagree.

Big win - a winner's win. Form table would suggest PV or draw, and the goal came against the play, and we saw it through to the finish. Jobs a good un.

Some results feel more significant than others.

Of course some of us, no names sol, predicted we'd go up in second place back in August

1-0 to the Notts County.

There was a time when you saw 'Penalty to Notts County' and you were waiting for the 'saved', 'missed' or whatever text to come up next, but we do now have a player who can score them, as well as fall over to get them.

Great battling 3 points from a tough game.....bit nasty at times TBH....well happy with 50 points by the end of New Years day...7 points clear of 4th, 9 points clear of 8th.

Aless, Jones, Stead some nice touches around the box....could of scored a few more goals on another day.....no idea why Forte got subbed, I thought he ran the channels really well....almost had a few goals himself.....extended highlights will be interesting viewing.

In KN we trust.....coyp

Only Accrington play in the league next Sat,following Sat we play gimps & Exeter play Cov.2 big games, could make a little break away if we & Cov won

At the start of December I wanted us to get to the the magical 50 points by the end of the Christmas and New Year period in time for the transfer window to open which we have done. This is a great achievement and another game undefeated at Meadow Lane.

We know we are safe with 20 games to go so we can now push on and really go for it in what will be the business end of the season.

We will need to win half of our remaining games I would say to stand a chance of automatic promotion which is not beyond us if we continue in the same form we have over the season.

We must have been in the top 2 for sometime now so hopefully we can stay in the top 3 and go on an secure our place in League one next season.

An exciting and interesting four months awaits us.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post

Of course some of us, no names sol, predicted we'd go up in second place back in August
    We didn't though did we. Hopefully we will in May though (or hopefuly sooner!)

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    A good win but would like us to start playing the ball more on the ground, dominating teams a bit more, creating more chances and start taking them but hey, this is only my opinion to which I feel I am entitled to although others will disagree.
    Squeaky bum time
    only 3 shots on target at home - just not enough quality
    Most of the L2 sides are physical are they not - so that shouldn't really be an excuse for not winning
    Have Notts strikers got there glasses on today
    Surely we are not going to pass up the opportunity to make ground on Luton again - are we?
    So are Coventry - need to win this one
    That'l be one of the Marquee brothers - currently all playing for Pratts Bottom United
    Tough one today. Port Vale have taken 13 points out of the last 15 compared with Notts: 6 from 15. Based on current form I would take PV to win 2-0 (hope I'm wrong though - sorry keldsyke)
    So to sum up, you thought we would lose but we won to nil, but you're still not happy because we didn't play enough silky football, but you also want us to be physical. Oh and the January signings we've not even made yet are already crap.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    At the start of December I wanted us to get to the the magical 50 points by the end of the Christmas and New Year period in time for the transfer window to open which we have done. This is a great achievement and another game undefeated at Meadow Lane.

We know we are safe with 20 games to go so we can now push on and really go for it in what will be the business end of the season.

We will need to win half of our remaining games I would say to stand a chance of automatic promotion which is not beyond us if we continue in the same form we have over the season.

We must have been in the top 2 for sometime now so hopefully we can stay in the top 3 and go on an secure our place in League one next season.

An exciting and interesting four months awaits us.
    ......and we get a break from league action next week to reassess where we go from here......KN now has a decision to make on whether to play a full~strength team v Brentford....the Lincoln game is more important than Brentford IMO, though a cup replay or a 4th round berth might bring in some extra cash.....tough one

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    So to sum up, you thought we would lose but we won to nil, but you're still not happy because we didn't play enough silky football, but you also want us to be physical. Oh and the January signings we've not even made yet are already crap.
    In all fairness Driller.....several people thought we might lose today

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast