+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time For A Break

Time For A Break

My lad plays Saturday mornings so don't get the chance to go to many away games so took the opportunity to go to both Morecambe and Swindon. I think all that travelling as caught up with him though , he doesn't have a game this Saturday so asked him if he wanted to go to Brentford and he said no ! I don't know who is more relieved , me , I could also do with a break , or the wife , she would have to take the dog out again ! All in all pleased with 6 points over the festive period. Convincing win at Morecambe , disappointing result and performance at Swindon who I thought were a poor side and a battling deserved win against an in form , good Port Vale side . COYP

PS , Come Friday morning I think I might get, dad, can we go to Brentford !!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    My lad plays Saturday mornings so don't get the chance to go to many away games so took the opportunity to go to both Morecambe and Swindon. I think all that travelling as caught up with him though , he doesn't have a game this Saturday so asked him if he wanted to go to Brentford and he said no ! I don't know who is more relieved , me , I could also do with a break , or the wife , she would have to take the dog out again ! All in all pleased with 6 points over the festive period. Convincing win at Morecambe , disappointing result and performance at Swindon who I thought were a poor side and a battling deserved win against an in form , good Port Vale side . COYP

Funny true story for you Navy.....went to pick up my lad from college one afternoon at 4pm on a Tuesday, him and his mates come rushing to the car "Dad, Dad...they have rearranged the Bradford away game for tonight, me and my mates all want to go"
    "There is no match tonight?" I said......him and his 3 mates were all adamant that there was......so we went straight off up the M1 whilst he rang his mum to tell her that we were going straight to the game.
    We got to the services just past Sheffield and went in for a few pasties and sausage rolls.....I am still muttering about how the heck I had missed the game being rearranged when his mates start laughing......."please do not tell me this is a wind~up" I ask
    "there is a game dad, but it is the JPT trophy......you said you would never waste your money on one of those tinpot trophies, so I bet my mates that I could fool you"
    After I had calmed down, it turned out to be a decent away day, found a nice friendly Bradford pub close to the ground, decent game....though I think we lost on pennos or it was a last~minute winner for Bradford.......Alzheimers is kicking in.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Funny true story for you Navy.....went to pick up my lad from college one afternoon at 4pm on a Tuesday, him and his mates come rushing to the car "Dad, Dad...they have rearranged the Bradford away game for tonight, me and my mates all want to go"
    "There is no match tonight?" I said......him and his 3 mates were all adamant that there was......so we went straight off up the M1 whilst he rang his mum to tell her that we were going straight to the game.
    We got to the services just past Sheffield and went in for a few pasties and sausage rolls.....I am still muttering about how the heck I had missed the game being rearranged when his mates start laughing......."please do not tell me this is a wind~up" I ask
    "there is a game dad, but it is the JPT trophy......you said you would never waste your money on one of those tinpot trophies, so I bet my mates that I could fool you"
    After I had calmed down, it turned out to be a decent away day, found a nice friendly Bradford pub close to the ground, decent game....though I think we lost on pennos or it was a last~minute winner for Bradford.......Alzheimers is kicking in.
    Knowing I liked Squeeze a mate of mine told me they were playing in Leicester that night and did I want to go , said it was a last minute thing so there would be plenty of tickets available. When we got to De Montfort Hall it was empty , no sign of life anywhere. Well you might as well drop me at this birds house! B*****d , still reminds me of it and anyone prepared to listen to this day!!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post

Interesting thread, if you look at it from the players perspective especially the ones that played most of the games over the period, they have done really well overall. I just wish some of our armchair experts were a bit more appreciative of how we’ve done and where we are in the league at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Interesting thread, if you look at it from the players perspective especially the ones that played most of the games over the period, they have done really well overall. I just wish some of our armchair experts were a bit more appreciative of how we’ve done and where we are in the league at this point.
    Don't sweat it Kels. Some are just happy moaning. But there's some valid criticism too, I think we all (even the troll like posters) simply want notts to do better, no matter how well we are doing already.

And there are always different views on how that can be achieved, that's what's great about football. Everyone has a view, and largely there are no right or wrong views. Just differing opinions.

No one can doubt what's been achieved by AH and KN. But a lot have been watching notts long enough to have a glass half empty attitude! I don't think Notts fans are any worse than any other club in that regard.

I feel very strongly that we'll be promoted, and I haven't given up on the championship either!

But overall, I'll be happy if we finish well above Mans-failed considering what's happened in the last few years.

I think we have to be very happy with our current league position, I am and have no complaints because for once I'm looking forward to going to games. I can understand why people do want some improvement though in the style of play, this will always be the case. Some are happy just to win, some want to win but with style, some worry that if we're not playing like Barca then the wheels may come off, some just like to moan. I do think though on here some of the moaning is ridiculous because we're in League 2, yes you can expect a certain standard/level of play but these players will misplace the odd pass or mess up which is why they're playing for us in League 2 so people need to calm down. We have a great owner in regards to the running of the club, an up and coming manager who is doing great with the squad we have, a lovely ground and fantastic history. Lets get out of this league by any means necessary and then worry about total football.