+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody on here play football in their time....?

Anybody on here play football in their time....?

Or still play now?

Proper football?

Or general football? I play after work on a Friday but if you mean professionally - not a chance sadly.

Pboro says he managed/coached something in the lower leagues - i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Proper football?

Or general football? I play after work on a Friday but if you mean professionally - not a chance sadly.

Pboro says he managed/coached something in the lower leagues - i think.
    No just generally really Jammy.

My left knee is just- pereeeeeeezzzzzzzzz- knackered thru football. Lat at the gym suggested this walking football.

Thankfully i'm not to knackered through football, i just eat and drink to much

but the friday football is good for that.

I love having a kick around, one of my big regrets that when i did my hip playing football for a local team i didn't get back into after it was healed (did take a few years and still dodgy but still )

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Thankfully i'm not to knackered through football, i just eat and drink to much

but the friday football is good for that.

I love having a kick around, one of my big regrets that when i did my hip playing football for a local team i didn't get back into after it was healed (did take a few years and still dodgy but still )
    I had my cartlaige split in two playing for the Air force v army, left knee. I was 25 at the time. Didnt play for two years after that.

Horrible not playing.

Played Saturday afternoon and Sunday mornings for decent quality sides

Also played rugby in the Middle East and appeared in Dubai 7’s for 8 years.

Used to play on the wing for a Sunday League side....for a team-Castle farm- that played in Ryton, for some reason.

Out on the lash one Saturday, woke up late (as per) and had to grab me kit and rush out. Picked up me mate and drove over to Ryton and was absolutely bursting for a shit by the time we got there. The teams were already out on the pitch so we got changed but I HAD TO go for a dump (cue huge explosion followed by much relief .) Ran down to the pitch where the game was already underway...ran on and jumped for a header (unusual for me) and was totally cleaned out by one of their fucking gorillas. Lay unconscious for a while before being picked up and helped/dragged to the side of the pitch and dumped fairly unceremoniously on the touchline next to our sub. I kept drifting in and out of consciousness, coming round to ask 'where am I?'. Genuinely couldn't remember anything since going to bed the night before.

The sub went from concerned...to tolerant...to annoyed....as I asked about 20 times where I was. Eventually he was like 'ah fok off, man...you were knocked out, we're in Ryton, I'm trying to run the line man, would you just shut up!'

Mind, it could have been worse. Where i landed (in a heap) my head had just missed a massive pile of dog shite!

Anyway, wasn't long after that that I started going out with this extremely fit student so the prospect of getting out of bed on a Sunday morning seemed a lot less attractive than staying in it with her and my footie career became a thing of the past.

Had a mint pair of kangaroo skin adidas boots, mind. Still have them somewhere.

*the Hovis music ends as i look up and realise everyone has stopped reading.
    Last edited by Zippity; 01-01-2018 at 05:10 PM. Reason: diarrhoea of the fingers

I bet you couldn't half jump in them boots.

Pboro played for Real Madrid and Exeter city.

Me I was a hybrid of Xavi Alonso a Robbie Keane ,

Zip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)