+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

A quiet match thread today makes it difficult to comment but going on the BBC stats it looks like we at least deserved a draw against one of the promotion favourites. Good to see there's fight in this team to come from behind again. 40pts in the bag, 20 games to go and if the last 6 games are anything to go by it looks like we are going to be at lest on the fringe of the play offs. An important transfer window coming up?

Thoughts?

Would have took a point b4 ko, so on 85 mins and 1 down defo UTFM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    A quiet match thread today

Thoughts?
    At least you got a few weather updates CAM

Tbh I'm reasonably happy with that.
    I was also going on BBC updates, seemed relatively even first half with Rovers getting more in to it in the second, culminating in their goal.
    Good to see those late goals going in and some other results going our way

Good point against a side that will be playing Championship football next season. Smallwood one of the few ex players not to score against us. Ten plus more points to secure safety for this season, then press on. Will make a welcome change to the end of season anxiety we have become accustomed to. UTM!

Can sum it up in 1 word. Character!

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Good point against a side that will be playing Championship football next season. Smallwood one of the few ex players not to score against us. Ten plus more points to secure safety for this season, then press on. Will make a welcome change to the end of season anxiety we have become accustomed to. UTM!
    Disagree. Championship football by no means guaranteed for Rovers next season. By no means the best team we have seen at the New York this season and at times when we pressured they looked very fragile.

Very good point,they have some good players better equipped than us for a push for promotion.We would have to spend a lot of money to get anywhere near their squad.Save it for next season & push on.

I told Frog earlier today a piont would be good and three would be excellent. Had Towell placed his shot rather than smash it wide then it would have been three.

Excellent character to never say die and a point that was thoroughly deserved.

I called Newell and JCH to replace Forde and Yates but Warne left Forde on again? Williams would have been more effective with Newell on the opposite wing but, I'm not the Manager. Do have to ask though, has Forde got summit on Warne as he never seems to sub him?

14 from the last 18 points is promotion material so well done Paul Warne and long may the points keep coming.

Promotion? Don't think so. It was more about consolidation this season and the balance seems to be showing through now. No fear of a relegation battle. It's a good rest for the squad now so hopefully Frecklington can sort himself out. Anyone know the extent of his injury?

Really enjoyed the game. First half excellent. Second half the changes were made at the right time and we were starting to get real into it again until they started throwing themselves all over and the ref fell for it to start with, if wasn't for that I don't think they'd of scored. Then a bold change from Warne and we could of gone on and won. No plan B ha ha.

Yates is getting better and better and I think it will click for him soon and I thought JCH was excellent today.

One thing is for sure, what a great Christmas period.

UTM!

I don't think Forde deserved to go off myself, Williams was great first half but disappeared second half and it was right to bring him off, I like him though, think he's been off form a bit of late but is looking better again. It's since he had his hair cut, maybe we should get him a wig?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast