+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Yes I would have took a point before game so very happy with that
    Emmanuel or JCH for MOTM
    Warney is doing a lot better with his tactics and yes I agreed with him taking Williams and Yates off
    Rodak did worry me at start but some got back into it

Officials cock up again

There was an absolute blatant foul on JCH and the ref completely ignored it from which they broke away and scored what was a quality goal. Yes the Ref got that one wrong.

Also thought it was a foul on Newell in their box for a pen but the ref didn't want to know that one either. Too a small credit he kept the game flowing and din't get the cards out when he could have.

Problem with Williams. May as not play as to play him on the left. Forde works hard but not a winger. We played well today. Emmanuel has improved, looks a threat now going forward. JCH should have started in place of Yates. I was impressed with Vaulks, in his best position. Hardly put a foot wrong, always looking for that shooting opportunity. See what head of recruitment comes up with. Centre back, left winger & big striker but one ready to play priority's. Will cost money but we don't want kids or past there sell by date players.

Other than possibly the game against t' Pigs a couple of seasons ago, best performance by Jonners in a Millers shirt, and I don't think that we would have got a point without him coming on as sub. Decent performance by Mattock, other than missing a fairly easy goalscoring chance. He took a lot of kicking from the Rovers players, but bounced straight back up every time. Towell missed a couple of reasonable chances too. David Ball is now showing ALF/Mark Robins type anticipation in the six-yard box, which is great. No free headers in our goalmouth for the opposition today from corners and free kicks, for once, but guilty of not playing to the whistle for the Rovers goal, although the ref should have given the foul. The Millers finished strongly and were unlucky not to score a second. If JCH could only play like this consistently and over 90 minutes...

I feel Blackburn Fallovers would be a better name for them.

Am I the only one who thinks anything but play offs would be a disappointing season??

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks anything but play offs would be a disappointing season??
    Id say there's a good chance of that, yes. If not you're definitely in the minority. We had such a disaster of a season last one that there was a big possibility of us going down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I told Frog earlier today a piont would be good and three would be excellent. Had Towell placed his shot rather than smash it wide then it would have been three.

Excellent character to never say die and a point that was thoroughly deserved.

I called Newell and JCH to replace Forde and Yates but Warne left Forde on again? Williams would have been more effective with Newell on the opposite wing but, I'm not the Manager. Do have to ask though, has Forde got summit on Warne as he never seems to sub him?

14 from the last 18 points is promotion material so well done Paul Warne and long may the points keep coming.

Promotion? Don't think so. It was more about consolidation this season and the balance seems to be showing through now. No fear of a relegation battle. It's a good rest tfor the squad now so hopefully Frecklington can sort himself out. Anyone know the extent of his injury?
    Warney sounded pretty confident that Frecks would be fit for the next match in his post game interview, Brin. He rested him because of the sore shin.

Watching on I-Follow, I thought that was a decent performance from the Millers. I was pleased to see character and determination on display even without captain Frecklington's presence. We seem to good at breaking them down and dispossessing them in midfield but we were also guilty of giving the ball away too easily ourselves at times. I thought Emmanuel had a noticeably good game with some fuid movement and confident defending.

I think we made Blackburn look very ordinary at times. Given their reputation and strength in depth, the lads should take credit for this.

There's a great opportunity to go for promotion this season and Tony should go for it this month. Don't buy into this negative consolidation malarkey-you grasp what's in front of you the moment it's there and try to be better prepared if promotion is achieved.

We made such huge errors that it gave Warne an impossible task to keep us up and he made the mistake of not doing things as he has since being named the manager officially, trying to keep all the players happy because he didn't think he was going to be a manager. When he was named manager he said the things that he was going to do different and we saw the difference on the pitch, he should of done these things earlier, it wouldn't of kept us up but it ended up putting more pressure on him. Since him being the manager officially his recored is really good.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast