+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They have done it again!!

They have done it again!!

How may more times and more points do we have to loose in the last 5 mins of games before we learn and where did 6 mins of injury time come from; having not been on the match today? We seem to just keep getting done by big clubs in the last minutes of games repeatedly. Is this a coincidence or something else?

IMO we find it hard to score (Chelsea at the Bridge seems years away) when on top, we cannot complain with leaking goals towards the end of games, we should be better at closing games early on which we are not.

And it does not help with bad Refereeing decisions (again), but like I said, its in our hands, but we are not good enough and need better players to come in.

it was Bardsley marking him - seemed to hesitate - just enough to let him go.

must've been thinking about playing him onside - i'd guess.

Klavan Goal

and our last attack - just before theirs - Wells did well to get the cross in - needed to be defended, Vokes was there - but i did wonder if he should have gone tothe corner.

Last edited by Norder; 01-01-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    IMO we find it hard to score (Chelsea at the Bridge seems years away) when on top, we cannot complain with leaking goals towards the end of games, we should be better at closing games early on which we are not.

And it does not help with bad Refereeing decisions (again), but like I said, its in our hands, but we are not good enough and need better players to come in.
    I have no idea how you think "we are not good enough" Alto. With the exception of Manchester City and the Tottenham home game we look every bit as good as any team I have seen this season.

We are constantly on the end of some very dubious refereeing decisions and in this league the margins are very, very tight.

Today's game really could have gone either way but armchair supporters just do not get the proper vibe.

This is a game we should have put to bed in the first half,l pool was crap but if you only play with one up front at home its not good enough.Teams know how to play us now,points lost again in extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have no idea how you think "we are not good enough" Alto. With the exception of Manchester City and the Tottenham home game we look every bit as good as any team I have seen this season.

We are constantly on the end of some very dubious refereeing decisions and in this league the margins are very, very tight.

Today's game really could have gone either way but armchair supporters just do not get the proper vibe.
    Armchair supporter or watching from the stands it makes no difference:

Huddersfield away = missed opportunities + failed to score, Spurs at home = not at the races + failed to score, Brighton away = failed to score, Leicester away = poor and failed to score, Arsenal home = regardless of their late goal failed to score, Newcastle home= even though we won we was Poor, West Ham home = Very poor, Huddersfield home = Very Poor + failed to score, Pal@rse home = very lucky to win and very poor, West Brom at home = Very poor and failed to score.

Add up the poor performances + Failed to score games and regardless of who we play and decisions going against us we do not Boss many games, if at all any, we are in a good position in the league even with the above games, we need reinforcements in January to make us better.

I know Brady and the rest are injured but even with them we are certainly not firing in many games as I would expect.

We are now playing at the very highest level of international league football.

If anyone seriously thinks we are going to roll EPL teams over on a buying budget of £50 million per season they really are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Every player on the Liverpool team with the exception of the two home grown full backs, cost £30 million plus.

Word of the day - PERSPECTIVE.

S.D....thoughts on the game.

We absolutely did not deserve to lose today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We are now playing at the very highest level of international league football.

If anyone seriously thinks we are going to roll EPL teams over on a buying budget of £50 million per season they really are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Every player on the Liverpool team with the exception of the two home grown full backs, cost £30 million plus.

Word of the day - PERSPECTIVE.
    Agreed !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)