+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol absolutely smashed by Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Splashing the cash like Wendy did..........that got them nowhere. Same for Brum, Villa, Borough, etc etc. We are as good as these teams already without splashing any cash. Its not the answer.
    What is it about stating Wilder should be properly backed some people don't understand.
    Absolutely NO_ONE has suggested doing what the above have done. It helps to actually read what people post.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    What is it about stating Wilder should be properly backed some people don't understand.
    Absolutely NO_ONE has suggested doing what the above have done. It helps to actually read what people post.
    The problem is that none of the McCabe fan club can provide a cogent argument in his favour IF he does what he's done time and time again and fails to stump up the readies for Tufty. We can all bang on until the cows come home about how we'd run the club, but it means precisely fúck all, and we realise that (regardless of how certain people like to make ridiculous straw man arguments about what we apparently want the club to do).

I, like you, would love to be proved wrong this time. We have a very good chance of achieving promotion. No one at all, as far as I can see, is advocating 'splashing the cash like Wendy did', to use Aya's phrasing. What we do want is for Tufty to be given whatever he thinks is appropriate to push on. If they don't trust him to spend the money judiciously (and I fail to see how anyone could not trust him, given the amazing job he's done for us thus far), they shouldn't have taken him on in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    It's all in the definition of the amount and who pays that amount. It's not my money nor yours SBT. I do want backing for our manager and trust him not to try to break the bank. Mid table would be perfectly acceptable to me.

Someone said about the fear, well I do fear the PL and fear the PO's but when your number is called I'll be there supporting.

UTCB

How lovely it was to see the demolition of the Grinning Hobbits team,him and his players (Flint especially) brought crashing down to earth.

They riggled out of a similar thrashing at our place.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    It's all in the definition of the amount and who pays that amount. It's not my money nor yours SBT. I do want backing for our manager and trust him not to try to break the bank. Mid table would be perfectly acceptable to me.

Someone said about the fear, well I do fear the PL and fear the PO's but when your number is called I'll be there supporting.

UTCB
    Serious point-Maybe McC's of an age now where the leap to a PL operation is a step too far for him to contemplate/fund/ operate.

CW's rapid progression of the club may have come as a surprise to the powers that be and the possible expected comfort zone of a gradual Championship challenge would have suited them better.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Serious point-Maybe McC's of an age now where the leap to a PL operation is a step too far for him to contemplate/fund/ operate.

CW's rapid progression of the club may have come as a surprise to the powers that be and the possible expected comfort zone of a gradual Championship challenge would have suited them better.
    This is certainly a possibility. And with success comes the expectation of more success; look how disgruntled Leicester fans were the season after they improbably (but deservedly) won the Premier League.

If that is the case, he should look to sell to someone who is willing to take us to that next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    This is certainly a possibility. And with success comes the expectation of more success; look how disgruntled Leicester fans were the season after they improbably (but deservedly) won the Premier League.

If that is the case, he should look to sell to someone who is willing to take us to that next level.
    Maybe that's why CW's progress has come too soon CD.

It could be that the thinking was consolidate in Champ, then progress, and become more attractive to a potential buyer at the ( relative) top of the market.

CW's done too good a job!

Talksport saying Hughes has to be sacked by Stoke and Wilder (along with others) should be on the shortlist for the job

Better get used to this and KM needs to take these links with utmost seriousness

Who knows for sure what Wilder has to spend? All supposition and twitter rubbish.

More to the point why has anyone expected anything to change ( and being "surprised" by ifs and buts) when it's clear that the money is highly unlikely to be there. A clapper like me has been thinking that since September, yet once again people seem to build expectations up based on nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post

I made exactly the same point a couple of weeks ago TT although I’m not sure if it was on here. It’s definitely crossed my mind that McCabe and the Prince (if he’s still around) might not be financially ‘ready’ to fund a promotion push and had budgeted for the comfort of stability this season and maybe next.

But as I said at the time, if the Prince was serious about bringing investors onboard, he’s had 3 years to get them onside by now and what would any other business do if their future suddenly became brighter than they’d budgeted for? Numerous times working for my old company we would have to find an extra £million or 3 because we’d secure an unexpected tender result that we hadn’t expected or budgeted for. You have to react and take advantage of the unexpected opportunity. You can’t just sit back and say ‘ah damn it, we only planned for mid-table stabilisation at best, no thank you’, you look beyond the present, change the business plan and grasp the nettle.

I can’t believe that McCabe wouldn’t grasp a surprise opportunity to make serious money if it was in real estate, and so unless he’s really lost his mojo for United I would think he’d do the same now with the club. Not daft money, just give Chris enough backing to bring in the players he says that he needs. The Club’s had the unexpected bonus of sell-on cash and the rise and rise of Brooks from a kid with just potential to a potential £10-£15m player in just a matter of months to bankroll what Chris needs times over. There can be no excuse.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast