+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Bristol absolutely smashed by Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Wilder will not waste the clubs money

That doesn't mean he doesn't want any
    It doesn't mean that eventually he doesn't want a lot

It just means he won't waste it

You can buy a good £10 million pound player
    And you can buy a bad £10 million pound player just as easily as you can buy a bad £50,000 player

But Wilder won't waste the clubs money
    If the board don't appreciate that JJ then I doubt there will ever be a manager that they do trust.

They also run the risk of frustrating one of the very few good 'uns we have had.

As SBT quotes 'he doesn't do consolidation' so, surely, they will back him to the tune of whatever he deems is needed?

28 days and we will know whether they've dropped a big 'un or supported a man who has proved he has the credentials to take us further forward.

I'm sure King Kev&Prince will give the MESSIAH as much cash as they can for this window,but it'll not be enuff to suit some of our fans.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Life in my humble experience is all about knowing which battles to fight, when to go all in and when to bide your time, but each to his own. Sometimes the turn of the card is kind to you, often it isn't. Not being defeatest, just my opinion. (and no-one has answered the 'who have we bought in the JTW...etc' question yet...)

Look, I think we're all just spinning around now, kind of arguing for the same thing from two different angles. We all agree that we need some new players and that we hope that will improve our current form and get us into the top six by the final game. I don't think anyone is disagreeing with any of that. Its really just a question of what that means, how much risk it involves, how much cash that involves and having seen the outcome, what interprettation of the ambition of the club and/or manager we want to put on it, (and how angry we are going to be if it doesn't meet our arbitarily set expectations...).

Time to move on. I'll only be commenting on actual transfers for the rest of the JTW.
    Or you could encourage Wilder to field a strong team to ensure 3 points at Ipswich.
    You know,knowing best and all.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Or you could encourage Wilder to field a strong team to ensure 3 points at Ipswich.
    You know,knowing best and all.
    Yes, that was funny. I just made a simple mistake. It makes you human, you know. Maybe you should give it a try.

UTB!

and no-one has answered the 'who have we bought in the JTW...etc' question yet...
    Jamie Murphy? Ade Akinbiyi? Matt Kilgallon?

In any case, let me turn the question around: when was the last time we had a manager who we'd trust to buy decent players in the JTW?

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Jamie Murphy? Ade Akinbiyi? Matt Kilgallon?

In any case, let me turn the question around: when was the last time we had a manager who we'd trust to buy decent players in the JTW?
    Three very good players, but over the last 12 years, or is it 13, if memory serves me. Not the greatest advert for the JTW...

I trust CW implicitly, and I think the board do too. This has never been about 'don't give him money'. He will be given money. Its about the supporters who would argue the toss that if he should be given £3m, and if it turns out that he has been given £3m, then he should have been given £5m or £8m or some random figure. No-one, including yourself has told me what 'backed' means in terms of money or players. I'm guessing Wilder has been told how much is in the pot, and to spend it wisely, which he will do, and thats as much as we can all hope for. You know we got Clarke for £150k and Donaldson for a song, so it didn't need huge money, just careful acquisitions. Why this all has to become yet another 'test' for the Board to prove or disprove something, I really don't know. You'll have to find the answer in your head.

Now I really am done on this subject. Just awaiting for the transfer announcements.

Three very good players, but over the last 12 years, or is it 13, if memory serves me. Not the greatest advert for the JTW...

I trust CW implicitly, and I think the board do too. This has never been about 'don't give him money'. He will be given money. Its about the supporters who would argue the toss that if he should be given £3m, and if it turns out that he has been given £3m, then he should have been given £5m or £8m or some random figure. No-one, including yourself has told me what 'backed' means in terms of money or players. I'm guessing Wilder has been told how much is in the pot, and to spend it wisely, which he will do, and thats as much as we can all hope for. You know we got Clarke for £150k and Donaldson for a song, so it didn't need huge money, just careful acquisitions. Why this all has to become yet another 'test' for the Board to prove or disprove something, I really don't know. You'll have to find the answer in your head.

Now I really am done on this subject. Just awaiting for the transfer announcements.
    Liked

Discussion about the actual figure is irrelevant.

The only relevant figure to be spent is whatever CW wants.

Perhaps King Kev and the Prince have decided to support our club in a similar way to a certain BLADESmadder by sayin we support the club& manager but won't put any dosh into the club.Whatever players we sign will not be good enuff for some but hey that's one of the reasons we luv the game so much,Opinions and all that.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Discussion about the actual figure is irrelevant.

The only relevant figure to be spent is whatever CW wants.
    Exactly this, and the numerous times I and others have said this seems to have fallen on deaf (wilfully deaf?) ears.

It’s not the JTW that’s to blame. It’s a combination of avaricious owners and clueless managers that have made it less than effective. We now have a solution to half of that problem. It remains to be seen if the other half will prove to be our undoing.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast