+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol absolutely smashed by Villa.

I heard Chris’s reaction to the question and feel the same as LS&T. Like I say at the beginning of every window, prove me wrong just this once McCabe.

If we just piss about until the 31st this time around and don’t take advantage of the best situation under our best manager in decades, he has to be mad but I wouldn’t be surprised if we loose Brooks and still buy cheap.

McCabe has twice answered the question when asked the question would Chris be backed with the the player sale money and then the sell on clause money with ‘What do you think?’

Well I’ll tell you what I think, even if we sell Brooks. NOT A CHANCE Chris will get backing to give us a serious advantage. I’d even settle for keeping Brooks and getting in Leonard and somebody with a bit of pace but I even doubt we’ll even be that ‘daring’.

28-30k holiday gates, massive away following and nearly 21k season tickets. There’s something really special happening at the Lane under Wilder. The fans can see it, the opposition can see it, the media can see it, the whole feckin world can see it. If we fall away and lose Wilder because of our owners and board’s ineptitude it’ll be the final straw for many fans and they’ll turn their back on the club.

But there’s still time it’s only day one, maybe Chris is just playing it close to his chest and if that the case I’ll say WELL DONE KEVIN!. In the meantime as with most windows it’s preve me wrong McCabe. Show me you want us to succeed. UTB

Great post Gray. If McCabe and The BRP step up I'll be the first to give huge praise. I can't do more than attend every game possible with my young un so my money is there.
    If as you allude to it's another Netto window McCabe can go f u c k himself.

Mr wilder is playing a fantastic bluffing game in interviews, acting like he as no money to spend,all the clubs listening will think twice about hiking the price of the players wilder wants. hes a very cunning man is our chris. be patient and wait n see no need to get ya knickers in a twist before events have happened.hess not gonna come out n say hes got loads a money to spend is he.

do i believe that lol erm

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Great post Gray. If McCabe and The BRP step up I'll be the first to give huge praise. I can't do more than attend every game possible with my young un so my money is there.
    If as you allude to it's another Netto window McCabe can go f u c k himself.
    if we miss out due to the board and especially lord phucking lucan prince yabba dabba do not put ting money in substantial money then thats me done after all these years and false dawns. but ya never know lol. that villa result is what we should have done to bristol had the phucking woodwork been an inch thinner
    Last edited by Twirlo70; 01-01-2018 at 09:36 PM.

mcabe would just about get away with it if theres no investment in january but hes in big trouble from the fans if chris isnt given substantial sums of money for either the prem or another crack at the championship in the summer window and as gray says fans WILL turn their backs on the club and he can forget his 20k season ticket holders for next season no doubt rod will be on here in the morning defending his hero but even hes got to admit he risks losing chris wilder if funds are not made available to him utb ftp

Here's the thing.
    If Wilder gets the backing he needs/wants NOW to bring in the players that will give us a great shout at promotion that is a way better investment than doing FA now,losing momentum and feel good and having to rebuild in the summer.
    Money spent NOW can get us up in 4 months,not maybe sometime f u c king never!

do you think the players he wants are all available in january sbt ? im not so sure but your right we might not get in this position again with a real chance of a top 6 spot this league is nothing like la liga as the pigs made it out to be i think were a match for all teams and i include wolves in that statement just that little bit of extra quality in midfield and the final third and i feel we would be nailed on for a play off spot ps have you heard any rumours about ryan kent from liverpool ?

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    do you think the players he wants are all available in january sbt ? im not so sure but your right we might not get in this position again with a real chance of a top 6 spot this league is nothing like la liga as the pigs made it out to be i think were a match for all teams and i include wolves in that statement just that little bit of extra quality in midfield and the final third and i feel we would be nailed on for a play off spot ps have you heard any rumours about ryan kent from liverpool ?
    No mate. I'm not an ITK'er. Bulmer did/does get info. We all know Lenny is a target,as to the rest your guess is as good if not better than mine. Just hope Wilder can do business quickly as he has said he wants to so new signings can play at Ipswich.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Here's the thing.
    If Wilder gets the backing he needs/wants NOW to bring in the players that will give us a great shout at promotion that is a way better investment than doing FA now,losing momentum and feel good and having to rebuild in the summer.
    Money spent NOW can get us up in 4 months,not maybe sometime f u c king never!
    You make absolute total sense SBT! We might not get another opportunity to get into the top 2 in years. It’s obvious that Wolves apart there’s nothing in this division that’s a cut above the rest., it’s rare that happens, usually 2 or maybe 3 teams are stand out. Second place is up for grabs if we want to go for it and there’ll still be the playoffs as backup.

I’m pretty sure that we’ve got the best manager in the division and some of our players are up there with the very best despite costing us relative peanuts because of Wilder and Knill. All I’m asking is that we don’t weaken the squad and try to tweak the pack and strengthen in at least a couple of areas. I don’t think it’s a lot to ask and with a guaranteed £94m MINIMUM at stake. I just wonder what some other owners would give to be in our position and how they’d respond.

I accept that splashing a bit wouldn’t guarantee us promotion we’ve seen that at the Sty, but there come a time when you look at a position and weigh up the odds

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    You make absolute total sense SBT! We might not get another opportunity to get into the top 2 in years. It’s obvious that Wolves apart there’s nothing in this division that’s a cut above the rest., it’s rare that happens, usually 2 or maybe 3 teams are stand out. Second place is up for grabs if we want to go for it and there’ll still be the playoffs as backup.

I’m pretty sure that we’ve got the best manager in the division and some of our players are up there with the very best despite costing us relative peanuts because of Wilder and Knill. All I’m asking is that we don’t weaken the squad and try to tweak the pack and strengthen in at least a couple of areas. I don’t think it’s a lot to ask and with a guaranteed £94m MINIMUM at stake. I just wonder what some other owners would give to be in our position and how they’d respond.

I accept that splashing a bit wouldn’t guarantee us promotion we’ve seen that at the Sty, but there come a time when you look at a position and weigh up the odds
    Exactly. The pigs missed their chance and are more likely to see the pub league again before the prem.
    If McCabe sits on his hands now he will go down as the bottler.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast