I heard Chris’s reaction to the question and feel the same as LS&T. Like I say at the beginning of every window, prove me wrong just this once McCabe.

If we just piss about until the 31st this time around and don’t take advantage of the best situation under our best manager in decades, he has to be mad but I wouldn’t be surprised if we loose Brooks and still buy cheap.

McCabe has twice answered the question when asked the question would Chris be backed with the the player sale money and then the sell on clause money with ‘What do you think?’

Well I’ll tell you what I think, even if we sell Brooks. NOT A CHANCE Chris will get backing to give us a serious advantage. I’d even settle for keeping Brooks and getting in Leonard and somebody with a bit of pace but I even doubt we’ll even be that ‘daring’.

28-30k holiday gates, massive away following and nearly 21k season tickets. There’s something really special happening at the Lane under Wilder. The fans can see it, the opposition can see it, the media can see it, the whole feckin world can see it. If we fall away and lose Wilder because of our owners and board’s ineptitude it’ll be the final straw for many fans and they’ll turn their back on the club.

But there’s still time it’s only day one, maybe Chris is just playing it close to his chest and if that the case I’ll say WELL DONE KEVIN!. In the meantime as with most windows it’s preve me wrong McCabe. Show me you want us to succeed. UTB