Thread: The Generation Game of Sending Off

The Generation Game of Sending Off

The tackle isn't a red obviously but it looks like he then stands on (or stamps on) the player while he's down too. Cooper will be out of a job pretty sharpish so his lad has probably played his last game for them too

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    The tackle isn't a red obviously but it looks like he then stands on (or stamps on) the player while he's down too. Cooper will be out of a job pretty sharpish so his lad has probably played his last game for them too
    Agreed. Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke IMHO. The elder I mean, of course.

I well remember Charlie's grandad and Marks dad, Terry Cooper of Leeds United, also a thug not averse to sticking the boot in. Must be in the family genes.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    I well remember Charlie's grandad and Marks dad, Terry Cooper of Leeds United, also a thug not averse to sticking the boot in. Must be in the family genes.
    Indeed.

Good game,good game.
    The club have taken action - both have had their Brucie Bonus with-held.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    Terry Cooper was no thug, he was a skillfull full back converted by Revie to that position from being a winger.
    Not in the same league as Norman Hunter, Giles and Bremner.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Terry Cooper was no thug, he was a skillfull full back converted by Revie to that position from being a winger.
    Would have to agree with you "i961pie", very good full back with Leeds and England....

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    A good point, well-made.

I read an interview with the FGR owner the other day from the end of last season. He said this season would be easy and getting out of League 2 no problem. What a sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I read an interview with the FGR owner the other day from the end of last season. He said this season would be easy and getting out of League 2 no problem. What a sausage.
    You mean a Linda McCartney sausage, of course, Nutty Knuckles

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Actually it looks highly likely that they will be getting out of League 2 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Actually it looks highly likely that they will be getting out of League 2 this season.

Dont call him a sausage, the moron is a Vegan......Star Ship Enterprise and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Yep, they seem to be on target without breaking sweat.

Well they're getting in some lower league players so obviously getting prepared in advance.