+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a difference!!

Yeah shame on you Yubbs, if ya left now you might make Forest next weekend. C'mon, hop to it.

Forest 0. Villans 1. Very impressive display from the lads again. Kudos to Bruce and staff on that display. Wonder if Agnew is masterminding this stuff though? Thor in defensive midfield? Master stroke if you ask me. He was brilliant today.

Whelan was woeful apparently. Where was the Jedi?
    Good must win with Derby and Cardiff also getting results this weekend. Still 5 point off 2nd

Whelan was not woeful. I will admit I did not get to see as much in the first half as the second and he was subbed out by then, I saw him make a critical clearance and a nice pass. Forest had loads of possession after Terry hit their bar but never looked like troubling us and that was in part to Whelan work rate.

On another related note Bjarnesson was outstanding in defensive midfield duty. Full of energy, good passing. He looked good against Bristol a couple of weeks ago, but he was even better in this match in an odd position for him.

Thought Whelan gave the ball away cheaply early on, and twisted his knee in that block and was subbed cos of it. He’s ok at the simple stuff, just wish that he would stick to it i.e no passes over 10 ft.
    We seemed to be playing slightly further up the pitch. This pressured their mid a bit more and we looked more comfortable and composed. We made them look sh1te without breaking sweat.
    I read a while back that Thor’s prefered position is CMF/DMF and that his versatility (being sh1te in every other position, ) is his worst enemy. Without going overboard, I think that was the most complete 45 mins by a Villa CMF/DMF in years. He mopped up, broke up play and his distribution was simple, accurate and calm, he was everywhere.

Yes, he is was very good and calm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)