+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Noble / Hewitt / Yates Quiz

The Noble / Hewitt / Yates Quiz

I wonder if we may go 3 at the back and 5 in midfield so we can accommodate Noble and keep the others in the team:

( Hewitt / Brisley / Duffy )
    Last edited by keldsyke; 02-01-2018 at 08:44 AM.

No,don't start changing systems to suit one player half way through what has been a exceptional 1st half of the season

I think noble will be introduced later on in games to get upto pace.
    Unless there are any unfortunate injuries to players i believe Nolan will say the best man will win there spot.
    Gives good options and makes player fight for places.
    Please noble don't take that literally.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    No,don't start changing systems to suit one player half way through what has been a exceptional 1st half of the season
    Absolutely, Noble shouldn’t just walk straight in to this team, he will have to fight for his place although I’ve a feeling Hewitt might end up covering CH again for us soon.

Must admit I'm one of the Noble doubters, didn't want him back but hey-ho he's back.....Don't think he should get straight into the team, and think he might replace Smithy on the bench.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Must admit I'm one of the Noble doubters, didn't want him back but hey-ho he's back.....Don't think he should get straight into the team, and think he might replace Smithy on the bench.....
    Whilst I'm not overjoyed at his return I'm fairly confident that he won't be content with being a bench warmer and will walk (again) if that turns out to be the case.

I'd like to see the odds on how many game-minutes before his first red. I'll go 200.

With the yellow cards mounting up Noble might have a few spots to fill ?

At times in recent games we have looked really short of ideas and pace going forward. Yates is great defensively but can barely play a forward pass. Hewitt gives us some energy and pace in the middle, and was trying to get up and down yesterday, but also lacks ability on the ball.

I can see the attraction of getting Noble into the team but can't see Nolan wanting to sacrifice the defensive cover that Yates and Hewitt (or Milsom) offer, and I can't see him wanting to change the 4-4-2 system so does Noble get used out wide? We really lack width in the team already with Grant and Alessandra preferring to come inside so can't see that working.

Looks like an impact sub if we need to get a goal.

No doubt that will have Scoop at the Post up in arms that his favourite player isn't being used properly.