+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: yiadom

yiadom

I said it at the time of the transfer collapse that he shouldnt get another start for the club as his head is elsewhere and after yesterday I would be disappointed to see him back in the starting 11 again for the club

Terrible defensively (Just my opinion) - bombing forward and when we lose the ball doesnt seem interested in getting back leaving us massively exposed. It seems the modern way of full backs - obsessed with getting forward and being judged on that rather than their defensive capabilities. I think managers overlook the fact that the FB role is 80% defensive and 20% attacking and not the other way around

I have said all along we have better options at FB a the side has been massively unbalanced

We need to sell Yiadom ( and the others that are going ?)quickly to get sum brass in to cover the cost of incomers later in January. It's what Hecky means when he sed he does not expect Barnsley to make their transfer moves early in January (Chronicle).

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We need to sell Yiadom ( and the others that are going ?)quickly to get sum brass in to cover the cost of incomers later in January. It's what Hecky means when he sed he does not expect Barnsley to make their transfer moves early in January (Chronicle).

There's money available without the need to sell first according to what we were told before the takeover was completed .

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    I said it at the time of the transfer collapse that he shouldnt get another start for the club as his head is elsewhere and after yesterday I would be disappointed to see him back in the starting 11 again for the club

Terrible defensively (Just my opinion) - bombing forward and when we lose the ball doesnt seem interested in getting back leaving us massively exposed. It seems the modern way of full backs - obsessed with getting forward and being judged on that rather than their defensive capabilities. I think managers overlook the fact that the FB role is 80% defensive and 20% attacking and not the other way around

I have said all along we have better options at FB a the side has been massively unbalanced
    Against Preston and Reading he was back to his best.Only injury kept him out of the Sunderland game.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Against Preston and Reading he was back to his best.Only injury kept him out of the Sunderland game.
    Its irrelevent why he wasnt picked yesterday, the fact for me is he is a bang average defender - dont forget he's only played 50 games or so at this level/football league level so he's hardly a seasoned campaigner, the only glimpses he showed in the 2 home games were going forward. If you wach his positional play defensively and his tracking back when he loses the ball high up top its nothing short of shocking at times. What yesterday proved is that we are no worse a side for him not being in it

I’m not bothered about him, pity he didn’t get his move in the summer . Left a bad taste with me all the shenanigans

I agree Renno about it being a poor idea to bring Yids back after what happened, when we clearly didnt need to risk it because we had other options. The thing is though, Swanny have made changes since then and might not want Yids anymore, or they might want him for less than their original quote.
    And speaking of doing deals with them, I hope we dont go out of our way for McBurnsley this time.