+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ward the new andrews/lowe/atkins

Ward the new andrews/lowe/atkins

It would appear by a section of our support ward is the new scapegoat
    Now I know he is nowhere near a great defender but when I have seen him play he looks ok but regardless of what he does he gets the brunt of the abuse
    Now if I was coming on and getting stick before I have touched the ball that is not helping matters
    Unfortunately every club has a special section of supporters.

I tend to go in the Roverside. Sadly is populated by 'football experts' who shout utter ****e for 90 mins. Every time Whitingham play's he gets tonnes of stick over that side. He rarely gives the ball away, but in their eyes 'he doesn't get stuck in' therefore he is crap!! And they let him know! Evans who is absolutely crap for us, and always has been gets left alone? None of it makes sense.
    Ward is a scapegoat, personally I just think both him and Galdwin are way way below the desired level the rest of the squad show. I'm not very vocal about my dislike of Ward, as it is counter productive. And I don't want to turn into one of the Riverside idiots who like you say Robin, single out certain players and let them have it! What I will say is, if we had to play Ward for a long period (ie if we lost Mulgrew for a period) we would be in big trouble.
    As it is, Ward barley plays. And Gladwin is injured.

Actually, I thought Ward did his job ok after he came on. I agree that he is a limited player, but no-one deserves that stream of abuse.
    At least they have moved on from Nyambe!

I am with you guys on this, it galls me no end to be located near to anyone who is seemingly there just to shout abuse at someone from the safety of la crowd enclosure. And unless there’s something not quite right ‘up top’ , maybe believing it’s making them feel clever / smart / knowledgable.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)