+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Wham v Albion teamnews/matchthread

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    ffs
    read!!!!!
    I asked you not to quote me again!!!!!!!!!
    This means don't talk to me. Now do one bell end

What a complete child you are! You don't like being quoted as you are right in your own little mind! Perhaps, you need to register something constructive like Stripes whose post is worth a read! Even Swedish said to keep blaming Pulis is crazy!!!

Whether you hated Pulis or not ( many did ) - even Tim Sherwood would no doubt have registered more than 4 points from eight games to which four of these teams are crap! So no - under Pardew the football is nicer to the eye but sadly the return of 4 points from eight games is going backwards, and we will be relegated.

PS - Phillips was class against Arsenal and Evans will yield a 15 million profit but hey they are Pulis signings so this does not doubt! Idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    The stats are damning
    Last nights midfield
    Premier League career stats
    Livermore 165 games, 5 goals, 8 assists
    McClean 147 games 11 goals 9 assists
    Yacob 154 games 1 goal 1 assist
    Greg 15 games 0 goals 1 assist
    So in 481 games that's 17 goals between them. Pretty compelling evidence of why we are struggling. It is also worth noting they have played for various managers and some at more than one club. So contrary to some views displayed on this thread it is not only Pardew that cannot get them performing.

The above is not an opinion. It is fact.
    Very interesting stats, I expected more from the Pole. Livermore should have been dropped weeks/months ago. McClean works hard but has limited quality IMO. The only one you could forgive/understand is Yacob, whose job it is to break up play and sit, rather than to score or create. It's fair to say the quality of our recruitment has reduced since Ashworth left for England.

In terms of the Pardew/Pulis debate, I think most fans knew Pulis' time was up. When he came in we were in a situation not too dissimilar to where we are now and I was for his 'points at all costs' type of pragmatic football. But after 3 seasons of it, I want to watch something a bit better on the eye. We haven't won under Pardew but I'm happy to watch us try to win a game now rather than try not to lose. And I do agree that we aren't a worse team than many above us but we have blown a lot of points from winning positions this season. That will end up being our downfall.

Unfortunately if we go down, we go down. We'll have to regroup and try to bounceback as quickly as possible. One thing I will say is that we've had a good run, 8 years in the premiership, top 10 finishes and a fair few upsets of the big 6. Lets give it our all from now on in and hope above hope its enough.

What has gone wrong, it can't all be down to tiredness, although I'm never comfortable when managers start using that as an excuse. Earlier in the season it was all about us having one of the best squads for a long time. That has now been shown to be based on false hopes.

Perhaps complacency and lack of aspiration is a major factor. The club's philosophy has been focused on PL survival for a long time now, with any league position above half way being seen as a bonus. Unfortunately that has all gone pear shaped this season and the magic 40 points seem to be a very daunting target with the lack of goal scoring and missed chances coming home to roost.

The starting point for all this was last season when they got to 40 points, and just sat back and relaxed, with some abysmal performances after that. Who is to blame? No one in particular, although Pulis has got a lot to to answer for, along with the management team who persevered with him for too long. The players have to be called to account as well.

Can the team escape the drop now? I sincerely hope so but they appear to be stuck in a rut, and the appalling record speaks for itself. If they do drop, the worrying thing is how many years will it take to get back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    What a complete child you are! You don't like being quoted as you are right in your own little mind! Perhaps, you need to register something constructive like Stripes whose post is worth a read! Even Swedish said to keep blaming Pulis is crazy!!!

Whether you hated Pulis or not ( many did ) - even Tim Sherwood would no doubt have registered more than 4 points from eight games to which four of these teams are crap! So no - under Pardew the football is nicer to the eye but sadly the return of 4 points from eight games is going backwards, and we will be relegated.

PS - Phillips was class against Arsenal and Evans will yield a 15 million profit but hey they are Pulis signings so this does not doubt! Idiot!
    Hahahaha
    You're just the gift that keeps giving ay ya?

Has anyone seen Kieran Gibbs?

Went missing just before the end of the game last night.

I'm thinking of printing some posters.

WANTED, at the far post.

Rumours that he is holding up Holmleigh's fence are just that, rumours.

Unless Chris provides us with photographic evidence of course, otherwise it hasn't happened ?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

In terms of the Pardew/Pulis debate, I think most fans knew Pulis' time was up.
    I don't think anyone is debating between Pardew/Pulis, except Al, who's trying to deflect the jibes (when he stuck up for Pulis, and criticised any idiot who didn't agree with what his mates had told him).
    Everyone can see that Pardew has unfortunately inherited a bunch of runners, and the only flair players are cruelly injured - all at the same time. With some attack-minded players back in the XI we've got a chance. And if we can bring in something in January (without even considering defensive midfielders) who knows?
    My only gripe at all with Pardew is that Sam Field hasn't been given more of a chance when he could have been. Whicka's stats are not just stats, they're totally eye-opening.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneybloke View Post
    What has gone wrong, it can't all be down to tiredness, although I'm never comfortable when managers start using that as an excuse. Earlier in the season it was all about us having one of the best squads for a long time. That has now been shown to be based on false hopes.

Perhaps complacency and lack of aspiration is a major factor. The club's philosophy has been focused on PL survival for a long time now, with any league position above half way being seen as a bonus. Unfortunately that has all gone pear shaped this season and the magic 40 points seem to be a very daunting target with the lack of goal scoring and missed chances coming home to roost.

The starting point for all this was last season when they got to 40 points, and just sat back and relaxed, with some abysmal performances after that. Who is to blame? No one in particular, although Pulis has got a lot to to answer for, along with the management team who persevered with him for too long. The players have to be called to account as well.

Can the team escape the drop now? I sincerely hope so but they appear to be stuck in a rut, and the appalling record speaks for itself. If they do drop, the worrying thing is how many years will it take to get back up again.
    I think there's a few things that have happened collectively which is why we are in the position we are in. I guess the brunt of the blame has to fall at Pulis' door. He has had 3 seasons (6 windows?) and so this squad is his. Having said that, its not a bad squad, we are defensively sound. But we've been let down by certain players, Livermore should not be in the first XI. McClean has been the catalyst for giving points away with poor passing or giving a stupid free kick away late in games. I like Rondon, but he has been poor this season. HRK doesn't have the quality to be a premiership striker. The attacking side of our team has let us down.

We've also been a but niave and blown a lot of points this season, last minute goals conceded to Watford and Newcastle after being 2-0 up against both, Stoke at home when we gifted them a goal. Those 6 points alone would lift us up to about 14th in the table. Then there was last night v West Ham. I don't know the answers for the future but I know we have contributed our own downfall.

One win though could rejuvenate them, Lets hope Exeter don't do us and we get a bit of confidence going into the Brighton game. We need to win games now...

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Very interesting stats, I expected more from the Pole. Livermore should have been dropped weeks/months ago. McClean works hard but has limited quality IMO. The only one you could forgive/understand is Yacob, whose job it is to break up play and sit, rather than to score or create. It's fair to say the quality of our recruitment has reduced since Ashworth left for England.

In terms of the Pardew/Pulis debate, I think most fans knew Pulis' time was up. When he came in we were in a situation not too dissimilar to where we are now and I was for his 'points at all costs' type of pragmatic football. But after 3 seasons of it, I want to watch something a bit better on the eye. We haven't won under Pardew but I'm happy to watch us try to win a game now rather than try not to lose. And I do agree that we aren't a worse team than many above us but we have blown a lot of points from winning positions this season. That will end up being our downfall.

Unfortunately if we go down, we go down. We'll have to regroup and try to bounceback as quickly as possible. One thing I will say is that we've had a good run, 8 years in the premiership, top 10 finishes and a fair few upsets of the big 6. Lets give it our all from now on in and hope above hope its enough.

Good post! I can't see what Livermore brings to the party but Pulis rated him and it appears so does Pardew, but I would play Yacob every time. Apart from the lack of a striker who can finish, the overall squad now can't be called poor as this is a lame excuse. Most of the arguments about getting rid of Pulis were based on performances and the fact he now had the "best squad ever" - better than the 10th finish in the league last year!

So with many comments being - get rid of Pulis as he's now got the best squad ever - we have got worse now with Pardew as he's achieved 4 points from 8 games of which four of the teams were no better than us! Have we gone backwards?

Some posts are quite right to blame the Board and I do too! To replace Pulis which was correct at the time was one thing, but with an out of work failure is another. Points Points and more Points speak for themselves. Goes back to our friend Mowbray who played tippy tappy football but we were not disciplined at the back and conceded more than we scored! I would rather had Big Sam even though, I can't stick the bloke. But you know what - he was out of our league in terms of salary which again, comes down to ambition or lack of it!

I was never in the 'Pulis Out' brigade and was happy enough watching his style of play while we were being relatively successful. However, it got to the stage that the football was dire, the results poor and in the end his position was untenable. While we were getting results I was still not really comfortable with his obsession with defensive midfielders, playing players out of position and the lack of creativity and strike power in the side. Regarding Pardew, my thoughts are that I like his more attacking outlook and feel that our play since he has had an influence has deserved better than the results achieved. The problem is that the style of play doesn't gain points and results do, and we need results badly. Let's hope that we can achieve both.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I was never in the 'Pulis Out' brigade and was happy enough watching his style of play while we were being relatively successful. However, it got to the stage that the football was dire, the results poor and in the end his position was untenable. While we were getting results I was still not really comfortable with his obsession with defensive midfielders, playing players out of position and the lack of creativity and strike power in the side. Regarding Pardew, my thoughts are that I like his more attacking outlook and feel that our play since he has had an influence has deserved better than the results achieved. The problem is that the style of play doesn't gain points and results do, and we need results badly. Let's hope that we can achieve both.
    Well put Leicester I agree entirely.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)