+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window Watch

hibs had prob double the budget we had last jan transfer window, and just as critical, I dont think McKinnon had any real contacts or the club had any sort scouting network, which reminds me what happened to the director of scouting role that was created? Did that go with McKinnon? I know the club spoke at the time when it was created about looking more seriously into it down the line, but due to financial restraints it made sense to keep the appointment in-staff.

If previous Jan windows have taught us anyting, surey it's to go into it with low expectations.

Dundee United manager Csaba Laszlo has been reassured by the board that he will have cash to spend in the transfer window.

Laszlo, who watched his side beat Brechin 4-1 at Tannadice yesterday thanks to goals from Scott McDonald (two), Sam Stanton and James Keatings, is dealing with a selection crisis at the start of the new year.

He has lost a host of players to injury, with the long-term absences of key men Fraser Fyvie and Scott Fraser the most serious threats to their Championship title hopes.

Laszlo will look to recruit this month and he revealed that he has been promised funds by chairman Stephen Thompson and his directors.

With Laszlo's forays into international management I wouldn't be surprised if he recruits an experienced foreign player.

With Fraser out the keys for me are a big and powerful striker with a bit about him with the ball at his feet and someone with movement and quick feet in the n. 10.

I think Laszlo would've got loads out of Tony Andreu had he had him this year.

I have confidence though.

He's already proved he can actually coach players to improve.

I love Csaba as our manager tbh.

One bad window and it could all change though.

We'll have to be patient though. I can't see tons of signings flooding in straight away.

Is the German targetman we're after Marco Gruttner? Heard the name Baris Ozbek getting mentioned as well.

wonder what the chances of getting swanson back on loan would be

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy87 View Post
    Did he not leave United due to depression? Can’t imagine he’d want to come back

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy87 View Post
    Nil, you can only loan one player from any one club. We've already got Stanton on loan from Hibs.

I think Csaba will attract a better caliber of player than RM ever did. He’s clearly a great coach and motivator plus players looking for a move must be thinking that United could be the stepping stone to playing SPL football.

Dundee United today announced the loan signing, subject to international clearance, of Scottish midfielder Craig Slater.

The 23-year-old joins the Terrors until the end of the season from his parent club Colchester United.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...D-ON-LOAN.html

Great signing - I'm a happier bunny now. Prompt signing, knows the Scottish game obviously, remember him as being a more than decent player, in one of the desperately-needing-to-be-filled positions. Exactly what I think we were looking for. Sends out a wee bit of a statement of intent also. Striker next and the confidence will start to rise.

And I'll also say that this is much better from the Board.

COYT!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)