+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Donald Trump's Big Red 'Button'

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Simples innit , say everybody is and your bound to be right eventually. My money says its actually Big Fat ****.
    Thought you’d gotten over your man crush on me Sailor Boy. I’ve told you before, I’m not interested.

Now be a good chap and go and flush out the Captain’s poop deck. If you do a good job he might not be as rough with you as he was last night.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Thought you’d gotten over your man crush on me Sailor Boy. I’ve told you before, I’m not interested.

Now be a good chap and go and flush out the Captain’s poop deck. If you do a good job he might not be as rough with you as he was last night.
    What have I done wrong now ?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Not interested, Serious. The bet I have with you is sound enough for me. Why would I want to lessen my win chances? I'm sure he'll meet the Queen but I bet the cameras aren't present. And if he goes head to head with Rocket Man neither of is is likely to worry about honouring a measly bet. Although I'm confident he won't last out 2018, I can't be sure, so why would I alter the bet by taking 2 years off the time in which he can be ousted?
    As you tell me, I know absolutely nothing about business because I was only born yesterday, but I can assure you I'm a shrewd cookie with dosh. Oh and while we're slagging off the lefties re diction, can I point out that it's Tories and not Tory's in the context in which you used it?
    Happy New Year, my fellow Magpie, and may it be a healthy one for both of us.
    Indeed XX

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Not interested, Serious. The bet I have with you is sound enough for me. Why would I want to lessen my win chances? I'm sure he'll meet the Queen but I bet the cameras aren't present. And if he goes head to head with Rocket Man neither of is is likely to worry about honouring a measly bet. Although I'm confident he won't last out 2018, I can't be sure, so why would I alter the bet by taking 2 years off the time in which he can be ousted?
    As you tell me, I know absolutely nothing about business because I was only born yesterday, but I can assure you I'm a shrewd cookie with dosh. Oh and while we're slagging off the lefties re diction, can I point out that it's Tories and not Tory's in the context in which you used it?
    Happy New Year, my fellow Magpie, and may it be a healthy one for both of us.

This below from the BBC Sid. If this carries on & people vote mostly with their wallets, what are the chances of a 2nd term for the Republicans?

"Outside Washington, in places where people don't devoutly follow every permutation of the presidential Twitter feed, the Trump administration is compiling a boast-worthy economic record.

Despite some doom-and-gloom predictions following the 2016 election, the stock market has soared. Unemployment remains low. Major corporations are making high-profile moves to at least temporarily boost their workers' paycheques. And the president can start pointing to his party's tax bill as a tangible reason why the economy is humming along.

If the current trajectory continues, Mr Trump and his fellow Republicans will be positioned to make the case to voters in the months and years ahead that despite all the drama - the often self-inflicted fire and fury - their agenda is to help Americans where it counts the most, in their pockets.

That's the kind of message that can win."

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    This below from the BBC Sid. If this carries on & people vote mostly with their wallets, what are the chances of a 2nd term for the Republicans?

"Outside Washington, in places where people don't devoutly follow every permutation of the presidential Twitter feed, the Trump administration is compiling a boast-worthy economic record.

Despite some doom-and-gloom predictions following the 2016 election, the stock market has soared. Unemployment remains low. Major corporations are making high-profile moves to at least temporarily boost their workers' paycheques. And the president can start pointing to his party's tax bill as a tangible reason why the economy is humming along.

If the current trajectory continues, Mr Trump and his fellow Republicans will be positioned to make the case to voters in the months and years ahead that despite all the drama - the often self-inflicted fire and fury - their agenda is to help Americans where it counts the most, in their pockets.

Thanks Alty ......much the same as I was saying. If there's one thing the Yanks respect, it's making money. I had a couple of months in NC years ago overseeing the build of one of our machines being manufactured under licence. Lovely Southern hospitality but work always came first. However, there's no way the "The Left Wing Intelligentsia" on here will alter their views - as indeed I won't.

Despite good economic figures, Trump continues to maintain record disapproval ratings for this stage in a presidency.

So it appears that the majority of “yanks”, despite loving “making money” (who doesn’t?) don’t really want, to quote his own Secretary of State, a “f00king moron” as president.

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post

Stocks have soared - your average Joe Bloggs doesn't have stocks.

Unemployment remains low - the key word here is remains, it means it was already low when he came to power.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see how the economy fares now that he has increased the budget deficit to pay for the huge tax cuts for his billionaire friends.

It will certainly be interesting to see how Donald Trump fares in the next year, although I wouldn't get completely carried away with the notion that his days are numbered, or with the idea that there's no way he could win again (if he lasts that long and chooses to stand). Many Americans have a very different take on things from those of us watching from afar. I sometimes tune into talk radio stations which are either syndicated or broadcast locally in the US, just to get a feel for the kind of messaging that ordinary Americans are receiving, and a lot of it is very different from the impression created by media outlets in the wider world. I wouldn't disregard what opinion polls and approval ratings tell us, but recent history (here and in the US) suggests we shouldn't read too much into them.
    Last edited by jackal2; 06-01-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Stocks have soared - your average Joe Bloggs doesn't have stocks.

Unemployment remains low - the key word here is remains, it means it was already low when he came to power.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see how the economy fares now that he has increased the budget deficit to pay for the huge tax cuts for his billionaire friends.

You sound like a remoaner.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Despite good economic figures, Trump continues to maintain record disapproval ratings for this stage in a presidency.

So it appears that the majority of “yanks”, despite loving “making money” (who doesn’t?) don’t really want, to quote his own Secretary of State, a “f00king moron” as president.
    Carry on believing what you want ...it's your prerogative, however do try and improve your English language ..... it makes you look somewhat 'Slow' for a chap of 44.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast