+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Donald Trump's Big Red 'Button'

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    That's a fascinating insight into the man behind the legend that is Serious Pie, and it's not easy to call people stupid on every other post and then admit you don't know much yourself, but I think you pulled it off.

I'm feeling so inspired I might change career and start earning money by persuading people to pay for things they don't want or need. Maybe one day I too will be able to afford a wife who pretends to love me in public in exchange for money?
    Driller lad .. just listen.

Firstly you show your ignorance regarding the selling profession. The art of a professional salesman is to basically supply his client with a product or service that the client requires and to convince the client that his product or service has more plus factors than the competition. Persuading people to buy what they don't want is not the job of a salesman.

What a ridiculous comment about Trump's wife, extremely juvenile - when you get older you may think the same if you're lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Driller lad .. just listen.

Firstly you show your ignorance regarding the selling profession. The art of a professional salesman is to basically supply his client with a product or service that the client requires and to convince the client that his product or service has more plus factors than the competition. Persuading people to buy what they don't want is not the job of a salesman.
    And does it have more plus factors than the competition?

[QUOTE=TouchEm;38754244]
    Don't get 'Touchy' youth. No arrogance in what I said. I'm a self confessed ignoramus by the way but certainly more experienced in life I would suggest.[/QUOTE

That I doubt very much. Want to think again seriously arrogant one
    Goodnight vicar XX

And does it have more plus factors than the competition?
    It did Driller in many cases and in others it did not.

Many factors to consider whenever selling anything in a competitive market. Joking aside just Google the MMD GROUP OF COMPANIES and look at the products we sold. No offence .. it may open your eyes a little. This wasn't selling Double Glazing!

It did Driller in many cases and in others it did not.

Many factors to consider whenever selling anything in a competitive market. Joking aside just Google the MMD GROUP OF COMPANIES and look at the products we sold. No offence .. it may open your eyes a little. This wasn't selling Double Glazing!
    I was just wondering because if it was the best product on the market and they needed it, selling whatever it was you used to sell doesn't sound that hard actually.

[QUOTE=seriouspie;38754322]
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchEm View Post

Goodnight vicar XX
    As I thought brother of suckerman.

[QUOTE=TouchEm;38754359]

As I thought brother of suckerman.
    He as a lot of relations according to a few on here

I was just wondering because if it was the best product on the market and they needed it, selling whatever it was you used to sell doesn't sound that hard actually.
    Listen for goodness sake! Use your initiative youth and look on the MMD website as I asked. It'll give you some idea of the machines we built and sold worldwide. No the machines were not the best for every application and situation - you can't have everything - but in the correct situation they were and that's why hundreds of different models have been sold. Let me know what you think.

Listen for goodness sake! Use your initiative youth and look on the MMD website as I asked. It'll give you some idea of the machines we built and sold worldwide. No the machines were not the best for every application and situation - you can't have everything - but in the correct situation they were and that's why hundreds of different models have been sold. Let me know what you think.
    Unless someone has been in serious business selling, or even buying, they do not see past the archetypal pushy double glazing salesman. They don't actually realised when they have been "sold to" by someone who is good.

I tend to look at it as being about being able to recognise which products meet the customer needs and it starts with understanding those needs, budgets, budget cycles etc. The good salesman will be building that picture up and then when a match is found be able to negotiate a deal with which both are happy. If a salesman and a buyer (customer) don't have a fit then you'd have to ask why they are having any conversation at all. One wants to sell a product, one wants to fulfill a need.

Joe Bloggs will of course think that negotiating is purely about discount and I recall the story of the sales guy going in to sell some widgets, being asked his best price which he gives, then the buyer says "I'm glad you've come today 'cause we've just about run out, can you get them to me in 3 weeks?". Sales guy rings his boss and who says yes so over excited says yes and I can give you 10% discount if you order them today. Whereupon buyer says, "but you said earlier that was your best price, now you've changed it, sorry, don't trust you, cancel that".

Of course recognising, or even creating, need is important. Nobody needed a TV once upon a time, or a computer.

It's an interesting, underestimate and misunderstood subject.

And getting back on thread a need for something different is something Trump and his team have identified in the electorate however tackily they go about it.
    Last edited by Old_pie; 07-01-2018 at 11:33 AM. Reason: by bye buy

I'm not really bothered about Googling machines to be honest mate but I'm sure you're job was very hard, most jobs are harder than they look, and I'm sure you were very good at it ❤

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast