+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Players to offload

I'd say the southern press will be the 1st to break this story if it happens

Must be sold cos ashley was in florida over Christmas, have you seen the price of florida at Christmas .😂

Colback to Blyth or Gateshead and we even pay his wages just to p1ss him off for not going out on loan because he wanted to stay in the NE in August. Family reasons or not its part of the profession im afraid. Surely his kids are under 2/3 so could move with him and wife to wherever for a year (well it wouldnt actually be a year) as they wont be at school. He's apparently on £40k a week!

Sell Diame for £3/3.5m as his stock will be at its highest since we bought him given his 7-8/10 performances in the last 2 away games.

Sell Mitro for £10/12m he must be worth that given his great international scoring record over the last few months and inflated purchase prices.

Sell Darlow as out of the two keepers we have he is the most likely to produce a mistake £5m?

Quote Originally Posted by smorgan86 View Post
    I'm not sure I can see that happening. Even from Stavely's point of view, why would she allow money to be spent without knowing anything about with a clause in place to reimburse it all to Ashley? I'm sure she'd want to sit down with Rafa and Co. and discuss needs and a strategy.
    She might be buying shares in the club with this money.

I would keep merino, Woodman , Lascelles, and Murphy

The rest could go for me...
    Obviously we have players like Richie, Shelvey, Astu, Yedlin ,Clark and Gayle who would make up a half decent squad but we need quality through our squad and it’s the worse players we need to be getting rid of first.
    Colback Diame and Gamez e.t.c

I think Mitrovic and mbemba haven’t had a fair crack of the whip but I quite like them...Rafa won’t play them so they may as well not be here

I hope we get some cash to spend this month and don’t have to rely on selling first.

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    I would keep merino, Woodman , Lascelles, and Murphy

The rest could go for me...
    Obviously we have players like Richie, Shelvey, Astu, Yedlin ,Clark and Gayle who would make up a half decent squad but we need quality through our squad and it’s the worse players we need to be getting rid of first.
    Colback Diame and Gamez e.t.c

I think Mitrovic and mbemba haven’t had a fair crack of the whip but I quite like them...Rafa won’t play them so they may as well not be here

I hope we get some cash to spend this month and don’t have to rely on selling first.
    I think most of us would clear house, minus a handful of players. This seems like 5 years worth of transfer windows though. I hope I'm wrong and Rafa has free reign to tear everything apart but I see it being a long process.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    She owns the club she speaks to Rafa a lot ,Rafa tells her what she wants she listens she provides money .Some of those things Ashley should have done
    She doesn't own any club. She's not wealthy enough to own any club.
    She's a financier.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    She doesn't own any club. She's not wealthy enough to own any club.
    She's a financier.
    I think she´s worth 150 million. Not rich enough to own us but not far off.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I think she´s worth 150 million. Not rich enough to own us but not far off.
    She's worth 100 million and that won't be cash on the hip.
    The best she could ever hope for as an independent owner of a football club, is a lower league club. League one down over.

She's a whizz at playing with other people's money.

Still - i'd be happy to be worth £100 million

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)