+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scunny after Yates

There is no way on Earth they’re letting a young player of his calibre go for £100k.
    Maybe £300k+ and it may be plausible!

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I think there’s s few things in our favour and the biggest I think when you hear him talk is how KN is bringing him on. Id hope to think if he had a choice he’d stop
    He would want to be at the lane, I’m guessing if Forest accepted a bid we would have to match it to get him. Going back to the season where we went up with Bishop and Ravenhill imo the midfield pairing was one of the main reasons we went up, I’d say Yates signature could possibly be the most important.

At the moment I would say we have possibly the strongest midfield options in the league.

I think we could lose out with Scunny.Its the night life, 3 kabab restaurants, 2 bookies and a real ale bar. No contest.
    Hooters anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    If AH and the club has it, we should definitely match the bid.
    S****horpe know he's a good L1 centre-mid right now, let alone L2, and who knows how much better he'll get.
    This is my take on it too. They obviously think he's League One ready, and that's the league we're trying to build towards, so if we can afford to compete financially with Scun thorpe in terms of transfer fee and wages, we should try to get him, because his sell-on value should only increase over time. If we can't (bearing in mind Scunny have a fair bit of financial backing these days), then we'll just have to work with our other options. I'm sure Alan Hardy isn't the type who will over-commit us financially, so it will be a case of what's possible within reason.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, if a fee is agreed between Florist and Sc*ny can the player (Yates) say no, I don't want to go there.

I would think Yates' ambitions would be higher than S****horpe and if he hangs around a short while he could be playing against them for Notts.
    Correct me if I am wrong but he has played just about every game this season, he has a chance of some silverware and he has the perfect manager to help him realise his ambitions. I can't see him going to Scunny and certainly not for 100K.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, if a fee is agreed between Florist and Sc*ny can the player (Yates) say no, I don't want to go there.

I'm sure he can say no. Regardless of what any other parties might want or decide, it would require Ryan Yates to sign on the dotted line to make it official. I think Yates has really bought into where Nolan wants to take us, and is definitely improving as a player under his guidance, so it would be a big disappointment to me if he doesn't finish this season in a Notts shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    I would think Yates' ambitions would be higher than S****horpe and if he hangs around a short while he could be playing against them for Notts.
    Correct me if I am wrong but he has played just about every game this season, he has a chance of some silverware and he has the perfect manager to help him realise his ambitions. I can't see him going to Scunny and certainly not for 100K.
    This is kind of my take on it. Also let's not forget that the agreement between Notts and Forest was a season long loan likewise with Grant.

Whilst I would not want Notts to stop anyone from progressing I don't see the logic from a Forest perspective why if they are sending a young player out on loan for a season they would suddenly decide to sell him for £100K mid season when he's doing well out on loan, unless they are desperate for the cash which I doubt they are.

Forest know as well as Notts that if Yates stays here until the summer then he could have a chance of a promotion on his CV to which his value will increase accordingly. So Forest could sell him then for more than £100K if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    I think we could lose out with Scunny.Its the night life, 3 kabab restaurants, 2 bookies and a real ale bar. No contest.
    Hooters anyone ?
    If he takes a look round their tin shed of a ground set in a mud patch, I reckon he'll start sweating and get straight back in his car.

All this out of touch speculation from people with no idea and not even a mention of the word 'agent'. Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    All this out of touch speculation from people with no idea and not even a mention of the word 'agent'. Get real.
    Agent, agent, agent. There, happy now?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast