+ Visit Rotherham United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66

Thread: Peterborough have Moore bid accepted, according to reports

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Think it's time to give up if we can't complete with Peterborough for a player we have already had on loan. It will also show that all the past supposedly million pound transfer bids for players such as Gregory, May and Bradshaw ect were a load of nonsense.
    I don't think it's about competing with Peterborough. We will bid what we think he's worth and so will Peterborough. We may well be able to beat Peterborough's bid but don't think he's worth that much.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    If our clubs bought every loan player animal we would be out of business. Especially if you have SE incharge
    This is the thing with loans isn't it , personally I'm in favour of them if you get players in who you know you can't possibly sign , a bit of toffee to boost the squad .

    Examples would be Ryan Kent , Alan Armstrong and Ash Fletcher who we've had in recent times , Jan Molby for a month in the mid 90's .

    Bristol City had Tammy Abrahams last season .

    You yourself were on the right lines with Izzy Brown last season .

    Try before you buy can lead to all kinds of complications as you are witnessing .

    Got to back yourself with the players you can attract for me .

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I don't think it's about competing with Peterborough. We will bid what we think he's worth and so will Peterborough. We may well be able to beat Peterborough's bid but don't think he's worth that much.
    It might give us a clue about the extent of the chairman's ambitions and the real state of the club's finances.
    We've got a top 5 budget remember and the Danny Ward money is available........isn't it?

  4. #44
    Looks like he might be coming your way Mr animal according to one of your fan sites. Gutted but we don't have a good track record beating you to strikers. Still better him to to you than one of our play off rivals.http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/kieffer-moore.262545/

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Looks like he might be coming your way Mr animal according to one of your fan sites. Gutted but we don't have a good track record beating you to strikers. Still better him to to you than one of our play off rivals.http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/kieffer-moore.262545/
    If serious then time to scour non league and unearth those gems. No more Dexters please!!!

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Looks like he might be coming your way Mr animal according to one of your fan sites. Gutted but we don't have a good track record beating you to strikers. Still better him to to you than one of our play off rivals.http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/kieffer-moore.262545/
    Twitter gossip. I doubt that there's much in it but who knows?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Looks like he might be coming your way Mr animal according to one of your fan sites. Gutted but we don't have a good track record beating you to strikers. Still better him to to you than one of our play off rivals.http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/kieffer-moore.262545/
    We've needed a couple of strikers in since the summer roly but didn't get the deals done for a number of reasons which I won't bore you with .

    One of we did sign Ugbo from Chelsea we've just sent back early , 18 years old and way off the pace at this level .

    I reckon we are looking to bring in at least two or possibly three this window .

    Word is they are going to be a bit more advanced than our normal route in the market , Ash Fletcher from Boro and McBurnie from Swansea we are hearing could be arriving , it is speculation at the moment but it would fit in with our model and taking our recruitment to the next level given the change in ownership and our war chest .

    Moore could be the third striker , the punt for a few hundred grand without the total reliance to dig us out of the relegation zone .

    All speculation and we will see of course .

  8. #48
    The Posh Chairman says there’s no truth in it and no striker is signing any time soon.

  9. #49
    From transfer rumours:Hearing #barnsleyfc have matched the record bid from #rufc for Kieffer Moore. Ipswich not keen on selling to a league rival but the player would prefer the bigger club.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    From transfer rumours:Hearing #barnsleyfc have matched the record bid from #rufc for Kieffer Moore. Ipswich not keen on selling to a league rival but the player would prefer the bigger club.
    Think we are out of the running and need to focus our efforts elsewhere - we do need cover up front given what we have left - loan or permanent - go fishing in waters where we stand a chance. Thanks for the memories big man, you've been great for us and wish you all the best!

  11. #51
    I'd be far happier to see him sign for yourselves if I'm honest .

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'd be far happier to see him sign for yourselves if I'm honest .
    Why's that mate? I think some players are suited to certain clubs, and he's fitted in well for us BUT - I think he has enough about him in terms of ability and application to do well at yours or A N other Champ side. What I think he does need is regular first team football though to bring out the best in him (I guess you could say that about most players though...)

    Look after him

  13. #53
    Perleeease



    Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 478
Size:  11.4 KB

    get

    Name:  download (1).jpg
Views: 482
Size:  12.9 KB

    over this
    Name:  download (1).png
Views: 482
Size:  256 Bytes

    ASAP

    I cant make it more clear than that Paul and we will all be your besties.

    Thanks
    Last edited by rolymiller; 03-01-2018 at 07:58 PM.

  14. #54
    I hope this is not a smokescreen by dragging it on and losing the chance to bring in other "targets".Let's get a pacey attacker in and forget this "big target man" quest.The no.1 target ,however, has got to be a central defender to play alongside Ajayi.Richard Wood just cannot do the job anymore,his legs have gone and is prone to get too many cards because of this.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Why's that mate? I think some players are suited to certain clubs, and he's fitted in well for us BUT - I think he has enough about him in terms of ability and application to do well at yours or A N other Champ side. What I think he does need is regular first team football though to bring out the best in him (I guess you could say that about most players though...)

    Look after him
    Mick McCarthy is no mug as a manager , been around the block too many times .

    Ipswich aren't exactly tearing the league up .

    The lads 25 , not 19 or 20 years of age .

    There's little to be excited about regarding the fee to Ipswich .

    He won't be on a massive contract at Portman Road .

    Nobody else from the championship are interested .

    It's a big step up to the championship and a relegation fight .

    Will accept it if two other ready to go strikers are brought to Oakwell .

    I'm often wrong .

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Mick McCarthy is no mug as a manager , been around the block too many times .

    Ipswich aren't exactly tearing the league up .

    The lads 25 , not 19 or 20 years of age .

    There's little to be excited about regarding the fee to Ipswich .

    He won't be on a massive contract at Portman Road .

    Nobody else from the championship are interested .

    It's a big step up to the championship and a relegation fight .

    Will accept it if two other ready to go strikers are brought to Oakwell .

    I'm often wrong .

    True, you need wholehearted players who will run through walls to haul you back up the league. KM is of that ilk - but having other 'proven' options may suit your immediate priorities, granted. Think you'll turn the corner, and with the new owners, may well be focussing efforts at the other end of the Championship 12 months from now - good luck with the rest of your season!

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    True, you need wholehearted players who will run through walls to haul you back up the league. KM is of that ilk - but having other 'proven' options may suit your immediate priorities, granted. Think you'll turn the corner, and with the new owners, may well be focussing efforts at the other end of the Championship 12 months from now - good luck with the rest of your season!
    Thanks for that saw and it goes without saying I hope you guys can make the play offs and more importantly win them .

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'd be far happier to see him sign for yourselves if I'm honest .
    Dont know about that really animal....he holds the ball up well for a tall lad and has really good ball control...i reckon he'll get better in the next few years and because hes proved it at this level, hes a better gamble than your average speculative gamble....hes done it! Wake up rufc...

  19. #59
    The Millers went after Gregory & Bogle, with supposedly big bids, Moore is a better player than these two, so Tony Stewart needs to get Paul Douglas keyed up, & keep the Millers in the frame to sign Moore.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    The Millers went after Gregory & Bogle, with supposedly big bids, Moore is a better player than these two, so Tony Stewart needs to get Paul Douglas keyed up, & keep the Millers in the frame to sign Moore.
    Eric with great respect, it isn't as simple as that. The club has a playing budget for the season. The budget will be a lot less than last season. The revenues have been shredded. The TV money has all but disappeared, season ticket sales were lower, corporate sales are lower, sponsorship is lower and people paying on the day is lower. Now I don't know what the playing budget is but my guess is that a very large percentage of it was already spoken for by last season's players on champioship wages minus the relegation clauses we inserted. I expect the playing budget was boosted by the sale of Danny Ward although I imagine that deal is over 3 years so not boosted as much as some think and the budget was hit by the Blackstock payoff. Having said all that i hve it on good authority that we have placed bids for Moore, Towell and Doidge and although we might not end up with any we have to show what I would call sensible ambition. Any bid we make outside of our budget must be an investment ie we believe that player will be worth more in the future. We cannot get into bidding wars at this stage, lets just say what we are willing to pay and if that isn't enough we move on. The club was here long before Kieffer Moore, Tom Bradshaw, Lee Gregory or Stevie May and will be here long after.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •