+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Peterborough have Moore bid accepted, according to reports

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    We spent £400k on a defender that doesn't even get in the team.
    This one hazza????

On 30 January 2017, Purrington completed a move to Championship side Rotherham United for a reported £300,000 fee, signing a three-and-a-half year contract.

Why get tied up over the initial £250k, is the add-ons that will make the deal. We got Ward for free but cost us £800k of his sale fee. Would we have been happier buying Ward for £800k with no sell on? Posh may offer £250k with 40-50% sell on, goal bonus, promotion bonus etc. Our offer might be more upfront but with less for add-ons. Ipswich might be looking at some of the posh players for future deals.

Frustrating situation is this and one I can sympathize with .

By getting him on loan and taking the risk you have made him an attractive acquisition to other clubs , POSSIBLY pushing his value out of your reach .

You've taken the punt on him and because he's scored goals he's attracted interest and a bidding war .

Any chance you guys could have bought him in august instead of the loan ?

I take the point hindsight is a wonderful talent at a football club .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

By getting him on loan and taking the risk you have made him an attractive acquisition to other clubs , POSSIBLY pushing his value out of your reach .

You've taken the punt on him and because he's scored goals he's attracted interest and a bidding war .

My thoughts exactly Animal we've been there all too often so I sympathize with RUFC also

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Apparently we tried to buy him in August but Ipswich wanted to wait and see how he did with a run of games under his belt.....and it seems they were right to do so.
    I'll be amazed if we sign him but I still hope we do.

There are some very different thoughts on this thread that are all valid.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    There are some very different thoughts on this thread that are all valid.
    If we miss out on Kieffer to another league one club i will be gutted to say the least.

Not signed and delivered yet

Whats all the fuss about ??? we have just gone on a decent run without him because we have started to play football in a different style. Instead of hoofing the ball up field in a form of direct football relying on Moore we actually now confuse teams and we are a better team for it.

Don't forget before his suspension we couldn't win a game for peanuts because the other teams easily stopped the route one. Let Moore go we can manage without him.

We have gone a good run without him, but not sure how much or style has changed, other than going 442. We still play hoof ball far too often.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast