+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Peterborough have Moore bid accepted, according to reports

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Eric with great respect, it isn't as simple as that. The club has a playing budget for the season. The budget will be a lot less than last season. The revenues have been shredded. The TV money has all but disappeared, season ticket sales were lower, corporate sales are lower, sponsorship is lower and people paying on the day is lower. Now I don't know what the playing budget is but my guess is that a very large percentage of it was already spoken for by last season's players on champioship wages minus the relegation clauses we inserted. I expect the playing budget was boosted by the sale of Danny Ward although I imagine that deal is over 3 years so not boosted as much as some think and the budget was hit by the Blackstock payoff. Having said all that i hve it on good authority that we have placed bids for Moore, Towell and Doidge and although we might not end up with any we have to show what I would call sensible ambition. Any bid we make outside of our budget must be an investment ie we believe that player will be worth more in the future. We cannot get into bidding wars at this stage, lets just say what we are willing to pay and if that isn't enough we move on. The club was here long before Kieffer Moore, Tom Bradshaw, Lee Gregory or Stevie May and will be here long after.
    Fully agree about budgets Tony but football club budgets are not as linear as other businesses. We stand just outside the playoffs and I suspect that if KM had a good second half to the season this may get us into the playoffs, a potential Wembley appearance and even promotion.

I would suspect the final itself would be an adequate payback, if we were scrapping around the bottom I would have a different view.

Tony

Spotty-onny post

Grant McCann the Peterborough manager says the club can't afford Moore, with silly money being mentioned, then owner Darragh Mac Anthony says he didn't make any deal public, nor should any one at our club. ( Perhaps having a go at Barry Fry )

Talk that £250,000 was the Peterborough bid, then we have it that the Millers were to break their record, so that would take it over the £500,000 we paid for Taylor.

Might have been better for Ipswich to have left Moore at the NYS, see if he carried on his goal exploits, then took the extra year extension on Moore's contract, & waited for the offers to come in during the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Grant McCann the Peterborough manager says the club can't afford Moore, with silly money being mentioned, then owner Darragh Mac Anthony says he didn't make any deal public, nor should any one at our club. ( Perhaps having a go at Barry Fry )
    Radio DeeDah have just made a similar statement about it

Posh manager has advised posh not to buy Moore as the financial commitment is to big.

Doesn't want to upset his squad or Moore wants a big wage.

Have the club pulled out of the Kieffer Moore bid then? #pufc
    1 reply . 11 retweets 9 likes

Darragh MacAnthony
    ‏Verified account @DMAC102
    Darragh MacAnthony Retweeted PUFC Vlogs

Yes. Not doable under ffp for us.

Darragh MacAnthony added,
    PUFC Vlogs
    @PUFCAwayVlogs
    @DMAC102

Ipswich fans think he's off to Barnsley
    Last edited by PerigordMiller; 04-01-2018 at 08:06 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567