+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Peterborough have Moore bid accepted, according to reports

I'd be far happier to see him sign for yourselves if I'm honest .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Why's that mate? I think some players are suited to certain clubs, and he's fitted in well for us BUT - I think he has enough about him in terms of ability and application to do well at yours or A N other Champ side. What I think he does need is regular first team football though to bring out the best in him (I guess you could say that about most players though...)

Look after him

Perleeease

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 562
Size:  11.4 KB

get

Name:  download (1).jpg
Views: 570
Size:  12.9 KB

over this
    Name:  download (1).png
Views: 566
Size:  256 Bytes

ASAP

I cant make it more clear than that Paul and we will all be your besties.

Thanks
    Last edited by rolymiller; 03-01-2018 at 07:58 PM.

I hope this is not a smokescreen by dragging it on and losing the chance to bring in other "targets".Let's get a pacey attacker in and forget this "big target man" quest.The no.1 target ,however, has got to be a central defender to play alongside Ajayi.Richard Wood just cannot do the job anymore,his legs have gone and is prone to get too many cards because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Why's that mate? I think some players are suited to certain clubs, and he's fitted in well for us BUT - I think he has enough about him in terms of ability and application to do well at yours or A N other Champ side. What I think he does need is regular first team football though to bring out the best in him (I guess you could say that about most players though...)

Look after him
    Mick McCarthy is no mug as a manager , been around the block too many times .

Ipswich aren't exactly tearing the league up .

The lads 25 , not 19 or 20 years of age .

There's little to be excited about regarding the fee to Ipswich .

He won't be on a massive contract at Portman Road .

Nobody else from the championship are interested .

It's a big step up to the championship and a relegation fight .

Will accept it if two other ready to go strikers are brought to Oakwell .

I'm often wrong .

Mick McCarthy is no mug as a manager , been around the block too many times .

Ipswich aren't exactly tearing the league up .

The lads 25 , not 19 or 20 years of age .

There's little to be excited about regarding the fee to Ipswich .

He won't be on a massive contract at Portman Road .

Nobody else from the championship are interested .

It's a big step up to the championship and a relegation fight .

Will accept it if two other ready to go strikers are brought to Oakwell .

I'm often wrong .

True, you need wholehearted players who will run through walls to haul you back up the league. KM is of that ilk - but having other 'proven' options may suit your immediate priorities, granted. Think you'll turn the corner, and with the new owners, may well be focussing efforts at the other end of the Championship 12 months from now - good luck with the rest of your season!

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    True, you need wholehearted players who will run through walls to haul you back up the league. KM is of that ilk - but having other 'proven' options may suit your immediate priorities, granted. Think you'll turn the corner, and with the new owners, may well be focussing efforts at the other end of the Championship 12 months from now - good luck with the rest of your season!
    Thanks for that saw and it goes without saying I hope you guys can make the play offs and more importantly win them .

Dont know about that really animal....he holds the ball up well for a tall lad and has really good ball control...i reckon he'll get better in the next few years and because hes proved it at this level, hes a better gamble than your average speculative gamble....hes done it! Wake up rufc...

The Millers went after Gregory & Bogle, with supposedly big bids, Moore is a better player than these two, so Tony Stewart needs to get Paul Douglas keyed up, & keep the Millers in the frame to sign Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    The Millers went after Gregory & Bogle, with supposedly big bids, Moore is a better player than these two, so Tony Stewart needs to get Paul Douglas keyed up, & keep the Millers in the frame to sign Moore.
    Eric with great respect, it isn't as simple as that. The club has a playing budget for the season. The budget will be a lot less than last season. The revenues have been shredded. The TV money has all but disappeared, season ticket sales were lower, corporate sales are lower, sponsorship is lower and people paying on the day is lower. Now I don't know what the playing budget is but my guess is that a very large percentage of it was already spoken for by last season's players on champioship wages minus the relegation clauses we inserted. I expect the playing budget was boosted by the sale of Danny Ward although I imagine that deal is over 3 years so not boosted as much as some think and the budget was hit by the Blackstock payoff. Having said all that i hve it on good authority that we have placed bids for Moore, Towell and Doidge and although we might not end up with any we have to show what I would call sensible ambition. Any bid we make outside of our budget must be an investment ie we believe that player will be worth more in the future. We cannot get into bidding wars at this stage, lets just say what we are willing to pay and if that isn't enough we move on. The club was here long before Kieffer Moore, Tom Bradshaw, Lee Gregory or Stevie May and will be here long after.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast