+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I The Only One Not Too Bothered?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Yes but we wouldn't have the patience like Barnsley nor did we have others to come in to do a job if he didn't. He'd have had to do it from the off to prove his value with a lesser team. Not the same situation I reckon.
    And yet you were in to your 3rd year of championship football and we were newly promoted .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    And yet you were in to your 3rd year of championship football and we were newly promoted .
    True. I don't follow any other team bar Rotherham. Don't get me wrong I'll watch prety much any team or match but the facts/stats don't register because they don't interest me. I do admire folk who can do this but I can't be arsed.

The huge difference between the Millers and Barnsley at the period was the planning. We had one ambition which was to get into the Championship at all costs. Barnsley however had a plan to get back to the Championship and stay there and they had the set up to do so.
    When we lost the services of Evans we didn't have the structure to adapt. You lost whats his name to Britol and Hicky just took over and did the business..

Another difference is We need to get players in this way because we don't have the depth in the squad but Barnsley would buy the player.

I would be surprised if this situation happened at Barnsley now.

I think Moore would be a great investment for the future as well as a great player on the pitch now.

If we dont sign him we need another striker with strength and Height

Bradshaw , really , he's got 10 goals this season in a struggling championship team .
    8 goals and he wasn’t worth the money imo at the time

I’d be happy if we signed Moore but if not then no big deal because I can’t do anything about it

Really , try buying him for £600k this month .
    Exactly animal, will be the same with Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    If we don't sign Moore?

Yes he scored goals and yes we played some good stuff earlier on in the season but I think we've improved and developped as a team since his suspension.
    OK Frecklingtons inclusion has given the team some sort of boost that isn't there when he isn't but we've been better in this run where Moore has played an impact role or no role at all.

Before his suspension we were dire to watch! One dimentional and no midfield play. He falls over a lot to buy fouls which referees were getting wise to.

Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed watching the team with him in it especially earlier on in the season and if we play like that we'll do well with him. However I don't think the defenders we have or the holding midfielders are inteligent enough not to throw the long ball up field so we'll quickly go back to being dire.

I've had a Druce feeling since he's been on loan and I hope I'm wrong if he signs.

Will e accept being an impact player? Will he get his head turned when things aren't going well for him?

Is he worth it?

My only doubt about signing him would be your last sentence. We don't know what the "it" is. I'm firmly with KerrAvon on not busting the bank to sign Moore.

However if we can get him for what we can afford and what he is worth to us (whatever that is) I would love to sign him and he would start every game for me.

Moore and Ball up front would imho be a great pairing. Moore or Yates? Moore or JCH? No contest in my mind.

"falls over a lot"? Do you reckon? can't say I've noticed that.

You're obviously not the only one who would be "not too bothered". I'm firmly in the "bothered" camp, although I'm resigned to being disappointed when we don't get him so it may be a moot point.

Well I'd love us to sign him but I'm pretty sure we won't. It will probably be the usual disappointment as far as our recruitment attempts are concerned when money is involved.
    Yates isn't good enough or strong enough at the moment and JCH is the epitome of inconsistency.
    We can only hope that other irons are in the fire and that the Moore situation doesn't become a long, drawn out saga.

..think you are confusing falls over a lot with gets pulled over a lot.

Would love to see him here but he will end up elsewhere - we know we cannot compete for this kind of player and I would prefer us to be focussing our efforts in the lower leagues to do all we can to bring in a couple of good prospects and have the set up to bring them on and into the first team.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast