+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Am I The Only One Not Too Bothered?

Utter madness lol

500k is stupid money to pay for a league one player with our budget.

Oh well if you think the club can afford to throw away that sort of money then fine but I'd be very surprised if we get that when we TRY to sell him.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    10 to 15 years ago I’d say 200k is good offer however in this day and age a league 1 striker generally start at 400k so I think 500k for him is fair price for both us and Ipswich
    I agree with what Silly put but the deals are so complicated now that Ipswich will still end up with a sum if/when KM is sold on. All KM wants is a place to play regular football and a salary to match.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Utter madness lol

Oh well if you think the club can afford to throw away that sort of money then fine but I'd be very surprised if we get that when we TRY to sell him.
    If we did buy him and we went up this or next season and he scored goals in the Championship then he'll be worth it. If we bought him and we were relegated and he'd still scored goals then he'd have a value.

The most difficult position to fill is that of goal scorer

Utter madness lol

It’s just how the market has gone, just look at how much we sold Danny ward for. 5 years ago it would have been crazy to buy a striker at bottom of the table for that kind of money.

League 2 strikers are usually starting at 250k now,

If I was to guess how much we had to work with I’d say 700k - 800k but it’s only a guess

Utter madness lol

Come on then, tell us what our budget is as you seem to know.
    TS claims it's top 5 in League 1 and the Danny Ward money is now available to the manager.
    Presumably you know different so are you Paul Douglas in disguise?

I've said many times, and been slated for it, that if we're serious about building for a future above L1, then KM is exactly the right player we need. A proven perfect fit in what PW is trying to build. And I do honestly think we should go up to £1m if needs be. And make him top earner at the club. what will probably happen, though, is Wigan will outbid us by 20k and they'll get him for 300k 😞

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Come on then, tell us what our budget is as you seem to know.
    TS claims it's top 5 in League 1 and the Danny Ward money is now available to the manager.
    Presumably you know different so are you Paul Douglas in disguise?
    I have no clue about the budget other than the Danny Ward money which is why 500k is stupid as that would represent basically all of the money we have to spend to fill 2 or 3 positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I've said many times, and been slated for it, that if we're serious about building for a future above L1, then KM is exactly the right player we need. A proven perfect fit in what PW is trying to build. And I do honestly think we should go up to £1m if needs be. And make him top earner at the club. what will probably happen, though, is Wigan will outbid us by 20k and they'll get him for 300k ��
    Proven perfect fit? Not yet he isn't.

We have just gone on a bad run for 2 months with KM in the team and picked up 10 points from 12 without him over the last 4 games. Seems to me we are a better team without him right now.
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 05-01-2018 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    If we did buy him and we went up this or next season and he scored goals in the Championship then he'll be worth it. If we bought him and we were relegated and he'd still scored goals then he'd have a value.

The most difficult position to fill is that of goal scorer
    Lots of if's there frog. Too many for me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345