Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aapo Halme Signing

"He's not"
    thats fact is it?

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    "He's not"
    thats fact is it?
    Yes

shows just how Little you know about the game WTF, youve been caught out with your bollox so much this season that its boring. I suppose in your opinión, the foreigners running our recruitment drive (i mention the "foreigner" bit because you really seem to have some issues with that) should be looking at top end prem championsleague contender centre backs, no? maybe thats a Little tongue in cheek, a Little too disrespectful, so ill make it a Little more realistic, perhaps we should be buying centre halfs who are warming benches in the lower half on the prem, in the twilight of their careers on 60Gs a week?
    Young hungry talent clearly not in fashion on the south coast?

Please put us out of our "misery" WTF and contact the club with your master plan

MrsORich maybe able to give you a helping hand

Welcome to Leeds young man, but id preferred if you were 6 years older and going into a centreback partnership with Jannsson.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    shows just how Little you know about the game WTF, youve been caught out with your bollox so much this season that its boring. I suppose in your opinión, the foreigners running our recruitment drive (i mention the "foreigner" bit because you really seem to have some issues with that) should be looking at top end prem championsleague contender centre backs, no? maybe thats a Little tongue in cheek, a Little too disrespectful, so ill make it a Little more realistic, perhaps we should be buying centre halfs who are warming benches in the lower half on the prem, in the twilight of their careers on 60Gs a week?
    Young hungry talent clearly not in fashion on the south coast?
    Care to refer to the raft of successful transfers in undertaken by our esteemed DoF? I may be accused of bollox, but at least I don't spend the clubs money (MY money and that of every other member, ST holder etc etc) deliberating and then committing funds to the likes of Anita, Grot, Wiedwald, Buoy etc etc etc.

And yes, the FOREIGNERS running our scouting (recruitment drive sounds like an exercise MacDonalds might embark upon, then again......), might make better use of the limited funds we have if they were a little less dogmatic in their view of players with experience in the English leagues (wherever they hail from originally). I don't expect PL "poaching" (doesn't work like that, does it usually the other way round, we know to our cost that is so!), but the old adage "repeating the same thing time and again and expecting a different result- definition of lunacy" applies to our current "policy".

And just how do you know that what we have managed to acquire is "young, hungry talent", and more than I am confident that he isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Welcome to Leeds young man, but id preferred if you were 6 years older and going into a centreback partnership with Jannsson.
    Amen, unfortunately we don't have 6 years to wait (and Jansson wouldn't be here by then anyway)

And just how do you know that what we have managed to acquire is "young, hungry talent", and more than I am confident that he isn't?

because life isnt worth living if your going to be so depressive all the time, and also, because i distinctly remember how you slagged the signing of Saiz, and wrote off the spanish second tier as some sort of madmax appocoliptic wasteland.
    I wonder, what would Saiz have cost if he was english, and we signed him from some middle of the road shighte club like Everton or Spurs?

Im not shooting the lad down, i hope hes a big success, but unless hes the equivilant to Tony Adams or Alan Hansen, he aint no good to us now.

im not too worried about CB this season Billy, must admit, im not a fan of Cooper, but credit where its due, hes come on recently, and seems to be developing a partnership with Jansson now. Thought Cooper was our best player at the weekend. Now CM thats a position that requires immediate, drastic attention IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    Please put us out of our "misery" WTF and contact the club with your master plan

MrsORich maybe able to give you a helping hand
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Amen, unfortunately we don't have 6 years to wait (and Jansson wouldn't be here by then anyway)

Our target this season is "top six, play off position" the club made no secret of this. This is what they want and all involved know the score. There is no time limit (granted, that I know of). This tells me that we are not ready yet for the prem, but growing. Target top six......lets take things from there.

I believe that WTF is basically saying is we keep seeing these supposed aspiring youngsters signed, then sent back out on loan or put in the academy, whilst this is all good for the future blah blah blah, most of us on here are fed up waiting for the future, season upon season, we would like signings who come straight into the side and make a difference.....foreign or not I don't care.....my future is slowly waning.

i get that, but realistically, who can we sign that will walk into the CB position, in place of the current occupants and at what Price? its ok slagging off whats being done, but i dont see anyone on here offering sensible viable options. Sometimes a touch of realism is required.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    I believe that WTF is basically saying is we keep seeing these supposed aspiring youngsters signed, then sent back out on loan or put in the academy, whilst this is all good for the future blah blah blah, most of us on here are fed up waiting for the future, season upon season, we would like signings who come straight into the side and make a difference.....foreign or not I don't care.....my future is slowly waning.
    Thanks for the translation Norfolk . I'm glad someone speaks patronising condescending gibberish on here 👍

Lol, love a bit of sarcasm

I'm much simpler minded than our expert poster on how to run a football club.

I'm just very happy that we are buying rather than selling. A big, big change from the last decade. I'm also happy that we are looking longer term vs short term. That's the present / future state of football unless you are owned by a russian mobster, terrorist sponsoring oil sheik or a rich yank. we have to be realistic. the clubs in solid financial shape and can sustain this pace of spending for a long time as well as buying a player here and there.

Most of all I'm happy we own ER and have an owner who's looking to get us to the prem. Not felt that way for 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    Thanks for the translation Norfolk . I'm glad someone speaks patronising condescending gibberish on here 👍
    Pity you're too f00king thick to speak the queens English.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I'm much simpler minded than our expert poster on how to run a football club.

I'm just very happy that we are buying rather than selling. A big, big change from the last decade. I'm also happy that we are looking longer term vs short term. That's the present / future state of football unless you are owned by a russian mobster, terrorist sponsoring oil sheik or a rich yank. we have to be realistic. the clubs in solid financial shape and can sustain this pace of spending for a long time as well as buying a player here and there.

Most of all I'm happy we own ER and have an owner who's looking to get us to the prem. Not felt that way for 10+ years.
    I'll go back to that post this time next year when were still "building for the future".

I guess that wtfs ideal lineup from current squad would be lonergan ayling jackson Pennington cooper shaughnessy Vieira Phillips okane Dallas roofe, no foreigners in that lineup, well almost none

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast