+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumours?

Rumours?

No, not the fine Fleetwood Mac album of nearly forty years ago...sorry Rog...but today’s DT.
    Apparently we’re after Marlon Pack from Bristol City, Abdisalam Ibrahim, Reece Burke, Cameron Jerome and some bloke from Peterborough.
    They also suggest that if Mark Hughes goes then Gary Rowett is in the frame to take over at Stoke.
    Is a little bit of news, rather than never ending - ‘think of a name...any name’ - rumour, too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    No, not the fine Fleetwood Mac album of nearly forty years ago...sorry Rog...but today’s DT.
    Apparently we’re after Marlon Pack from Bristol City, Abdisalam Ibrahim, Reece Burke, Cameron Jerome and some bloke from Peterborough.
    They also suggest that if Mark Hughes goes then Gary Rowett is in the frame to take over at Stoke.
    Is a little bit of news, rather than never ending - ‘think of a name...any name’ - rumour, too much to ask?
    More certain is that Forest are looking for a manager in the style of Charlie Cairoli or William Oliver Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I can't believe the Derby Telegraph is worse now than it was 10 years ago and it was trash then, it's now a bigger comic than the Beano. I'm with Donald Trump on this. (Fake News)

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I can't believe the Derby Telegraph is worse now than it was 10 years ago and it was trash then, it's now a bigger comic than the Beano. I'm with Donald Trump on this. (Fake News)
    I've stopped reading it, I don't understand the persistence to post news when there isn't news!

Just watched Rowett on Sky Sport there will not be any signings so just ignore the DET

Pack: why would Bristol City sell one of their starters to a promotion rival - unless it was for a hugely inflated fee?
    Ibrahim: well at least it would be our first Somalian player!
    Burke: yes if the price is right - good young defender
    Jerome: isnt our squad old enough already?
    Rowett: I guess this is the price of success that our manager will be linked with every vacancy. Let us hope the club firmly say no and that he can remain more focussed than certain of his predecessors have been! But if he goes, then it opens the way for that Eugene O'Neill moment - the breadman cometh.

Roger. Don't worry about Stoke theve issued a statement saying the would only sign an experienced Prem manager so that rules GR out

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Pack: why would Bristol City sell one of their starters to a promotion rival - unless it was for a hugely inflated fee?
    Ibrahim: well at least it would be our first Somalian player!
    Burke: yes if the price is right - good young defender
    Jerome: isnt our squad old enough already?
    Rowett: I guess this is the price of success that our manager will be linked with every vacancy. Let us hope the club firmly say no and that he can remain more focussed than certain of his predecessors have been! But if he goes, then it opens the way for that Eugene O'Neill moment - the breadman cometh.
    Spot on about Pack and Jerome, Rog. Know nothing about the other two tbh and more of a Miller man myself.
    Hope Rowett is just being a bit canny, mista, and avoiding the Arthur Cox ‘strategy’ of telling everyone, especially Notts County, that we’d got ‘loadsa money’ and then being surprised when the prices rocketed.
    Do think we need to strengthen, but not at any price.

Peterborough player. Jack Marriott.23 yr old striker scored 21 in 35 . We've been linked with marcus Madison at posh before but probably a few others too. Go with what we've got .as they say. Don't need a tino asprilla to derail us

... which is why I dismiss all transfer rumour unless it's on the DCFC website.

We will always be linked with players. 99% of the time the source is either a lazy journo who has made stuff up to fill column inches and avoid the sack OR an agent who is trying to bull up his client and force either a transfer or a new contract. In eithe case the agent will earn himself more money and THAT IMO is the reason behind the majority of transfer rumours.

As for GR, someone has suggested the club should come out and say "hands off". I disagree 100%. GR should come out and say "NO!!" That would show the squad that he is here for the long haul and give them a boost and cheer the fans up no end as they will have had a show of loyalty towards the club from the Manager.

I am convinced that if the wally with the brolly had come out and said no to Newcastle rather than skirt the subject when asked by journalists then we would have gone up that season. GR needs to give the club and all connected with it a sign that he is not attracted by the PL apart from getting there on his own merit via promotion.
    Last edited by MadAmster; 08-01-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)