+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alan Martin

Alan Martin

A fair few Qos fans don't seem to fancy Alan Martin as our keeper but I ain't one of them. I rate the guy and hope he signs on next season as well. I just have to mention his incredible save today. Can't speak more highly of his stop than say it reminded of the one and only Alan Davidson at his very best.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    A fair few Qos fans don't seem to fancy Alan Martin as our keeper but I ain't one of them. I rate the guy and hope he signs on next season as well. I just have to mention his incredible save today. Can't speak more highly of his stop than say it reminded of the one and only Alan Davidson at his very best.

And let’s not forget his wonder save against Dumbarton on January 2nd

Martin's career at Queens didn't get off to a good start with him getting injured early on and not training for 6 or 7 weeks and playing every Saturday. He was even slightly better today with cross balls and is a good shot stopper.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    And let’s not forget his wonder save against Dumbarton on January 2nd
    Yeh pal . Was that the header? at the end from Nade?

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Yeh pal . Was that the header? at the end from Nade?
    Yes, that was a cracking save.

It`s great to see that Martin is beginning to show the ability we all thought he had when he joined. It`s totally undestandable that many fans remain to be convinced as injured or not he was frankly awful early in the season. In all honesty i`m still on the fence but that`s a better place as I`d have happily binned him a couple of months ago. As said delighted to see him begin to be a good keeper for us.
    Edit to add JR, Martin is already signed for next season. He has a 2 year deal.
    Last edited by Dobmeister; 28-01-2018 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    It`s great to see that Martin is beginning to show the ability we all thought he had when he joined. It`s totally undestandable that many fans remain to be convinced as injured or not he was frankly awful early in the season. In all honesty i`m still on the fence but that`s a better place as I`d have happily binned him a couple of months ago. As said delighted to see him begin to be a good keeper for us.
    Edit to add JR, Martin is already signed for next season. He has a 2 year deal.

yes martin defo does pull of some barney davidon saves ,i like martin very good shot stopper just like the miricle man himself heres a wee pic of the super barney davidson

Name:  Alan Davidson.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  67.5 KB

Davidson's father was a top flight referee.

Now that Martin is getting close to full fitness he is beginning to show just why he was so highly rated and also the reason for Queens signing him to replace the mad goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Davidson's father was a top flight referee.
    Bob Davidson....

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)