+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sturridge

Sturridge

..being linked with us...favourite to sign him, etc. (may be bollocks but this is a forum for discussion )

Would you take him?

Would instantly be our best player but his fitness record is shocking. If he would come on loan I'd definitely take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    ..being linked with us...favourite to sign him, etc. (may be bollocks but this is a forum for discussion )

Would you take him?

Would instantly be our best player but his fitness record is shocking. If he would come on loan I'd definitely take him.
    On loan - yes
    On a free - yes although highly unlikely
    Any transfer fee - no chance

Quote Originally Posted by finnaz View Post
    On loan - yes
    On a free - yes although highly unlikely
    Any transfer fee - no chance
    These days, sign-on fees and agent fees can potentially be higher than the transfer fee. So even if there's no transfer fee there's still quite a lot of money going, no doubt Sturridge will need some coin to be convinced to come here.

Also, if there is a transfer fee and it's 1 or 2 mil, then we should pay it IMO. He'd be our best striker - even player - by some distance. Lascelles comes close, but others....nah.

If we had someone of his quality up front we would not even be contemplating relegation.
    Ask yourself how many goals each of our strikers have this season...

I’d even take demba ba back in comparison.

Sturridge is a step up iid snap the scousers hands off if we could land him
    I think he’s only come on loan but there is a world cup coming up,any decent striker would be guaranteed game time with us................
    unless your fist name is Alexander!!!!

As far as rumours, we've been linked with Sturridge, Ings and Slimani. I'd take any of them over what we have. Health has been an issue for all of them though. It would have to be a loan move.

No one is doubting his quality but he only plays around 1 out of 3 games per season , which is no good to us

Slimani would be an amazing signing. But I doubt that would happen .

8 goals in 35 games for Leicester doesn't impress me too much. I'd take Sturridge over him tbh.

Sturridge or Ings . . .

I think of the two Sturridge is probably better player but i suspect we have a better chance of getting Ings, don't know why - gut feeling.

I think on loan for half a season Sturridge could be brilliant. If we'd put away even a 3rd of of the chances we've had we'd be nowhere near relegation zone. Sturridge, fitness concerns aside does know where hte goal is and does score.

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    If we had someone of his quality up front we would not even be contemplating relegation.
    Ask yourself how many goals each of our strikers have this season...

I’d even take demba ba back in comparison.

Sturridge is a step up iid snap the scousers hands off if we could land him
    I think he’s only come on loan but there is a world cup coming up,any decent striker would be guaranteed game time with us................
    unless your fist name is Alexander!!!!
    I loved Demba Ba, he was a real goal scorer.

A fit Sturridge would be fantastic - the medical for him or Ings would be pretty important.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)