+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Planned Stadium upgrade revamp what’s the point ?

Planned Stadium upgrade revamp what’s the point ?

We have planning permission and all seen the impressive images of the Stadium revamp. It will put us in the same bracket as most premiership teams, in terms of the ground . However we have a League 1 player recruitment budget. Our owners are playing Russian roulette with CW when all aspects of the club should be moving forward not just property. Would it kill the finances to give CW £4 million in the JTW ?. The team should come before the Stadium.

You know my view on backing Wilder mate, but as yet we don’t know that he’s not going to get what he wants. Nobody at the club had said anything official and so after airing our views on the matter, I think it’s best now to see what happens. It’s getting daft the vitriol he’s getting on the likes of Twitter when there’s actual proof yet.

Let’s be honest, Wilder and the club would be mad to send out the message that he’s been given a wedge of cash wouldn’t they? As always I live in hope and expect it to be dashed, but I’ll keep my powder dry now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    We have planning permission and all seen the impressive images of the Stadium revamp.
    Smokescreen, to cover for our lack of ambition or something like that...

Patience dear bretheren.
    I’ve heard about “innocent until proved guilty”, but now we appear to have “guilty before any crime has actually been committed” -(ignoring all historical precedents).

Let’s wait and see what does, or does not, happen. Then at least, any criticism (or praise) will be based on something other than blind supposition.

In CW I trust! Not so sure about anyone else who might be involved, but there’s still 4 weeks to go. In the meantime, I live in (slightly) optimistic hope! Realistically, I don’t expect too much, so am unlikely to be too distraught whatever happens, but it would be nice to get a pleasant surprise or two.

3 stands in the stadium are fine the kop and facilities are a disgrace nowt much has changed apart from seating and new roof since the 60s so money does need to be spent on it even if we stay in the championship as for player budgets i agree with other posters lets wait and see now i have great faith in chris to do what he can with the money he has been given still think any major money will be spent in the summer however utb ftp

Adding "value" for the takeover. Just getting things in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Adding "value" for the takeover. Just getting things in place.
    Now, if I'd have said that...............

Hit the nail on the head there.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Patience dear bretheren.
    I’ve heard about “innocent until proved guilty”, but now we appear to have “guilty before any crime has actually been committed” -(ignoring all historical precedents).

Let’s wait and see what does, or does not, happen. Then at least, any criticism (or praise) will be based on something other than blind supposition.

In CW I trust! Not so sure about anyone else who might be involved, but there’s still 4 weeks to go. In the meantime, I live in (slightly) optimistic hope! Realistically, I don’t expect too much, so am unlikely to be too distraught whatever happens, but it would be nice to get a pleasant surprise or two.
    Ronaldo you talk too much sense to be on here mi owd pal.Expect nowt and you'll not be too disapointed is one of the things my dear owd dad used to say.Have ya seen the rumour that Chezzy are after young Rammy on loan from Bournemouth? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Ronaldo you talk too much sense to be on here mi owd pal.Expect nowt and you'll not be too disapointed is one of the things my dear owd dad used to say.Have ya seen the rumour that Chezzy are after young Rammy on loan from Bournemouth? UTCB
    Yes, I think it would be a good move for both of them. He’d get plenty of action and they’d get a decent keeper. It’s just a bit sad he isn’t still “one of ours”.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast