Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planned Stadium upgrade revamp what’s the point ?

Planned Stadium upgrade revamp what’s the point ?

We have planning permission and all seen the impressive images of the Stadium revamp. It will put us in the same bracket as most premiership teams, in terms of the ground . However we have a League 1 player recruitment budget. Our owners are playing Russian roulette with CW when all aspects of the club should be moving forward not just property. Would it kill the finances to give CW £4 million in the JTW ?. The team should come before the Stadium.

You know my view on backing Wilder mate, but as yet we don’t know that he’s not going to get what he wants. Nobody at the club had said anything official and so after airing our views on the matter, I think it’s best now to see what happens. It’s getting daft the vitriol he’s getting on the likes of Twitter when there’s actual proof yet.

Let’s be honest, Wilder and the club would be mad to send out the message that he’s been given a wedge of cash wouldn’t they? As always I live in hope and expect it to be dashed, but I’ll keep my powder dry now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    We have planning permission and all seen the impressive images of the Stadium revamp.
    Smokescreen, to cover for our lack of ambition or something like that...

Patience dear bretheren.
    I’ve heard about “innocent until proved guilty”, but now we appear to have “guilty before any crime has actually been committed” -(ignoring all historical precedents).

Let’s wait and see what does, or does not, happen. Then at least, any criticism (or praise) will be based on something other than blind supposition.

In CW I trust! Not so sure about anyone else who might be involved, but there’s still 4 weeks to go. In the meantime, I live in (slightly) optimistic hope! Realistically, I don’t expect too much, so am unlikely to be too distraught whatever happens, but it would be nice to get a pleasant surprise or two.

3 stands in the stadium are fine the kop and facilities are a disgrace nowt much has changed apart from seating and new roof since the 60s so money does need to be spent on it even if we stay in the championship as for player budgets i agree with other posters lets wait and see now i have great faith in chris to do what he can with the money he has been given still think any major money will be spent in the summer however utb ftp

Adding "value" for the takeover. Just getting things in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Adding "value" for the takeover. Just getting things in place.
    Now, if I'd have said that...............

Hit the nail on the head there.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Patience dear bretheren.
    I’ve heard about “innocent until proved guilty”, but now we appear to have “guilty before any crime has actually been committed” -(ignoring all historical precedents).

Let’s wait and see what does, or does not, happen. Then at least, any criticism (or praise) will be based on something other than blind supposition.

In CW I trust! Not so sure about anyone else who might be involved, but there’s still 4 weeks to go. In the meantime, I live in (slightly) optimistic hope! Realistically, I don’t expect too much, so am unlikely to be too distraught whatever happens, but it would be nice to get a pleasant surprise or two.
    Ronaldo you talk too much sense to be on here mi owd pal.Expect nowt and you'll not be too disapointed is one of the things my dear owd dad used to say.Have ya seen the rumour that Chezzy are after young Rammy on loan from Bournemouth? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Ronaldo you talk too much sense to be on here mi owd pal.Expect nowt and you'll not be too disapointed is one of the things my dear owd dad used to say.Have ya seen the rumour that Chezzy are after young Rammy on loan from Bournemouth? UTCB
    Yes, I think it would be a good move for both of them. He’d get plenty of action and they’d get a decent keeper. It’s just a bit sad he isn’t still “one of ours”.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Yes, I think it would be a good move for both of them. He’d get plenty of action and they’d get a decent keeper. It’s just a bit sad he isn’t still “one of ours”.
    If it does go through it'll be interestin to see if Rammys got better as a keeper since leavin us.There's a match at Stocky on Monday i think,i've heard a rumour a certain Mr Evans may be involved have you heard owt mi owd pal? UTCB

FFS not another one. give it a rest for christs sake

If anybody didn't actually believe how brainwashed the typical pig fan is they should read some of the comments left underneath Wilders interviews on Tw@tter and the Stir.

It's hilarious reading their comments, there are actually some Wendies who are laughing at United's recent "slide" down the table

It's as though their Dad's and Uncles have arrived home from the match each week and told them that they have won again and United have lost again.
    It's brilliant really, it really is. What chance do United have with this level of brainwashing going on.

Another dig from Blame for life.

Point is the club has a good manager and a plan for the long term future from the owners.

UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    If it does go through it'll be interestin to see if Rammys got better as a keeper since leavin us.There's a match at Stocky on Monday i think,i've heard a rumour a certain Mr Evans may be involved have you heard owt mi owd pal? UTCB
    I understand this has now gone through. On that basis, I think I’ll have a little up spread bet on Chezzie @ 46.5.

My grandson seems to think the Devante Cole move is very much on - but I’m not sure who his source is.

Re U23’s on Monday, Rod. I’m hoping to get up there, but not certain. If I do, will happily buy thee a pint (not of Brandy though)!

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Another dig from Blame for life.

Point is the club has a good manager and a plan for the long term future from the owners.

UTCB
    Life is all about priorities and in my opinion it should be team first and property second. You are right with one thing McCabe finally got the manager right. We now need to support him. In fairness Leonard would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Life is all about priorities and in my opinion it should be team first and property second. You are right with one thing McCabe finally got the manager right. We now need to support him. In fairness Leonard would be a good start.
    Aint it been said that we have to get to the PL and stay there for a season before any redevelopment takes place?

In which case that's probably me out the loop

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Aint it been said that we have to get to the PL and stay there for a season before any redevelopment takes place?

In which case that's probably me out the loop
    Not sure but if you are right all the more reason to give CW the tools to get us there.

So far the JTW is going really well IMO. Hansen out. Lenny in. Others mooted to be close
    Getting planning permission to revamp the kop and south stand is great planning. Saves years of red tape if,as and when we decide to go for it. Make no mistake,it IS needed. The kop is an abomination and the South Stand has the potential.
    Understand the OP's point of putting investment on the pitch first,and that is what we are doing. I'm very impressed with little things off the pitch though. A club shop on the concourse of the family stand along with a sweet shop. Nice touches . Real ale bar as well.
    The club under Wilder is totally reconnecting with the fans on many levels.
    All that said,their is plenty of totally justified room for scepticism given the countless boardroom false promises so let's see where we are on Feb 1st.
    Oh,and Chips and pals.
    Try and debate seriously instead of accusing people of "beating the club".
    Noone but noone has ever done that. Just those in the boardroom,and they are not the club. The club is the ground,players,kitmen,groundsmen and the unbreakable bond between Sheffield United FC and her FANS.
    Not the miserable b a stards that sit in stony f u c king silence and whinge about fans standing chanting and actually getting behind the lads for 90 minutes.
    FFS.

Well said SBT. TOP POST MATE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast