+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What if

Best owner we ever had was Sir John Hall.

And it's nowt to do with the bottom line or net spend or anything else. It's to do with what we became, the pride we had in our team, it was Keegan, it was the Entertainers...it was...ah, bollocks...you all know what I mean.

God it seems like ages since those good old days
    Sir bobby got the kids playing well for a few years
    It seems like it’s been a long long time since, we have a glimmer of hope.
    with Rafa and hopefully a new owner we have a bit of hope.
    It’s been a rollercoaster since Ashley got the keys.
    A few ups but many downs...
    I love to feel love and pride in supporting the toon.
    On some of those low points over the past 10 yr when the owner has been sh1t, the manager has been sh1t and the team filled with player not worthy of the shirt
    It’s hard to feel the love or the pride.
    Here’s hoping for a brighter 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    We are in the premier league under his ownership regardless of two relegations, of which both were won as title winners.
    He's the best owner we've ever had pound for pound, overall.
    Eh?

We are in the premier league under his ownership regardless of two relegations, of which both were won as title winners.
    . Wilf... Really? You used to back him up... Then you saw the light or pretended to... You said you want him gone! As a Newcastle fan you should as very little he's done has helped the team progress! And every time it does he pulls the rug out! Don't know why I'm bothering...you will always choose the side of controversy as you obviously have nothing to do with your life!

Pound for pound.

To steal a phrase from Mick, "Dear me" !!

If John Hall and co had taken over Newcastle United at the time Ashley did, they would have sunk without a trace and also the club with them.
    They took over when the going was easy in terms of having a real crack at success.
    Ashley took over at a time when the big guns came to the fore and yet he attempted to have a go but quickly realised he would be out of his depth, yet here we are still in the premier league.

For all his faults and mistakes and lies, etc, I think he's done a pound for pound much better job than any other owner would have done.

I remember when many posters on here and Newcastle fans in the main were lauding Ellis Short and wishing we had him rather than Ashley.
    Any still wish for that?

It's a fine line between what we value as success or failure in terms of excitement, hope and expectation.

If John Hall and co had taken over Newcastle United at the time Ashley did, they would have sunk without a trace and also the club with them.
    They took over when the going was easy in terms of having a real crack at success.
    Ashley took over at a time when the big guns came to the fore and yet he attempted to have a go but quickly realised he would be out of his depth, yet here we are still in the premier league.

For all his faults and mistakes and lies, etc, I think he's done a pound for pound much better job than any other owner would have done.

I remember when many posters on here and Newcastle fans in the main were lauding Ellis Short and wishing we had him rather than Ashley.
    Any still wish for that?

It's a fine line between what we value as success or failure in terms of excitement, hope and expectation.
    What's happened to you man?

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    What's happened to you man?
    Nothing. I'm stating what I think and believe.
    It might not coincide with you or the majority but that's my thoughts.

Pound for pound.
    Oh.

Yes, he´s certainly the fattest b*stard who´s ever owned us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)