+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/t cam

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    What do you mean by charade, fella?
    Wrong choice of word perhaps, what i'm trying to say is that you fellas have done well for yourselves and good effort for that, but SOME of you seem to think that anyone who hasn't reached those heady heights are not worthy of the same respect that they preach. As i said in my previous post, millions of Brits are working their backsides off, and still don't have an penny to show for it.

Think that people who should be rewarded most for their efforts are those who are doing things that contribute to the good of society and the world as a whole but even then they should have limits on renumeration or it is countering what they are doing. I dont think though that the entertainment world whether it be sportsmen, pop singers or actors fall into that category so should not have the obscene amount of wealth they do. I dont doubt that there are some brilliant barristers who fight for the good causes who deserve good rewards maybe Kerr is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Think that people who should be rewarded most for their efforts are those who are doing things that contribute to the good of society and the world as a whole but even then they should have limits on renumeration or it is countering what they are doing. I dont think though that the entertainment world whether it be sportsmen, pop singers or actors fall into that category so should not have the obscene amount of wealth they do. I dont doubt that there are some brilliant barristers who fight for the good causes who deserve good rewards maybe Kerr is one of them.
    But sports people and actors want to see by people so they have a value thus people pay.

We all have a part to play in society but some people take a risk and are rewarded. If I did that and my children benefitted from that they shouldn't suffer ridicule.
    As long as people pay their way it's o by me and most people. The unfortunate thing is that people will avaoid paying their part.

Not against paying sportspeople etc but would just argue about the amounts of money they get. Frog you must have heard the story about Danny Williams coming and playing for Rotherham after a shift downt pit and he was a bloody good footballer by all accounts. If every footballer in the football league was paid the same amount RUFC would have a lot better chance of getting in the prem dont you think? It would probably also be cheaper for us to watch em.

MM, I don't know what you mean by "well for yourselves". That's all relative int'it? I'm well off compared to the blokes I worked with in Nigeria but poor compared to some of my friends here.
    To me, it's all about quality of life rather than money.. ..quality time is the new currency for me fella.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    MM, I don't know what you mean by "well for yourselves". That's all relative int'it? I'm well off compared to the blokes I worked with in Nigeria but poor compared to some of my friends here.
    To me, it's all about quality of life rather than money.. ..quality time is the new currency for me fella.
    Totally agree sota, but from my political point of view, vehemently opposed by howdy, Kerr, millions of Brits are denied that same quality of life through no fault of their own, through a system which still believes in squeezing the poor evermore, and allowing those better off to get basically richer, that's my main driver.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234