+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football documentary

Football documentary

Just watched a documentary on YouTube called 'When football changed forever'. It's about the 1991/92 season and the battle for tv rights to show live football. Left me a bit churned up inside I have to say but it was interesting viewing with some good music and humour laced in.

Its well worth a watch fellas. If you watch it id be happy to hear your thoughts on the documentary and on what you think has happened to football since 1992. Cheers

I think it’s on sky or bbc iPlayer. I have it at home and it’s great to watch

I'll watch it later Pass. However, before I do watch it. I'll say it would have been a more level playing field based on gate receipts. The product on the pitch putting bums on seats.

The larger the stadia, the larger the club. Who knows had it not been for the television revolution we may have become a bigger club than we were in 97/98.

The reason I say this is because we were heading in the right direction at that time anyway.

Not seen that pass so I'll give a butchers mate , many thanks .

Read a book last year on my jollys called " how they stole the game " , similar thing , big clubs have turned everyone over and they still aren't happy yet .

European league on the horizon , squad players playing in the PL on a saturday and the stars saved for the new mega bucks league .

Not yet but it will come .

Did it mention Sugar? Read his book and he claims to have been hugely influential in Sky winning tv rights first time round

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    Did it mention Sugar? Read his book and he claims to have been hugely influential in Sky winning tv rights first time round
    Aye the man who stood to make millions out of boxes and satellite dishes whist also owning Spurs .

Real crook this geezer despite what you see on The Apprentice and his other friendly media appearances .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aye the man who stood to make millions out of boxes and satellite dishes whist also owning Spurs .

Real crook this geezer despite what you see on The Apprentice and his other friendly media appearances .

He's an arrogant tosser is Sugar. The likes of him and Dein took the game away from the working class who made it great in the first place. What they've created is deemed as good and successful by many because like it or not, they've made premiership football a multibillion pound industry. However, the magic has disappeared for me. I can't identify with the game like I used to. It's become immoral. The greed league is a million miles away from being working class

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post

Oh yeah, he mentioned his role and influence on the premiership several times just in case we didn't get it.

This is a good read pass on how the Edwards got control of Man Utd and eventually sold it to the Glaziers for £800m .

http://twohundredpercent.net/100-own...hester-united/