+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are Wolves sticking two fingers up at FFP

Are Wolves sticking two fingers up at FFP

Just signed this 15 goals in 19 wonder kid that Real Madrid were looking at for an undisclosed fee on a 4.5 year deal, surely transfer fee alone without wages would of been massive

Over to you Roger!

Why bother QPR find £40million still not paid a penny four years down the line

I've never really understood what this FFP is really all about. Everyone seems to get away with it if they spend over their allocated allowance on players! If Derby were to go a penny over I'd guarantee it would be a fine with a points deduction to start immediately!

MoP. Yes you are probably right There are people high up at FL who have an agenda against Derby because Mel is leading the fight for better Parachute and TV money Think they would be quick to teach us a lesson

Some clubs have been punished e.g. Blues and Forest, but others have got away with financial "irregularities". I am sure we could not do what QPR, Bournemouth and now Wolves have done and get away with it.

KCG. Bournemouth did get fined £8million but as they made £140million from the Prem I'm sure it hurt them The stupid thing is if QPR paid up the Prem keep it they don't care that Championship clubs were cheated

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Just signed this 15 goals in 19 wonder kid that Real Madrid were looking at for an undisclosed fee on a 4.5 year deal, surely transfer fee alone without wages would of been massive

Over to you Roger!
    No idea who you are talking about Stenson.....

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    KCG. Bournemouth did get fined £8million but as they made £140million from the Prem I'm sure it hurt them The stupid thing is if QPR paid up the Prem keep it they don't care that Championship clubs were cheated
    I don't get this statement in bold. It might be me and mista may well be right but..... I thought that the rules pertaining to FFP in the EFL were EFL rules. Nor FA Rules. Not Premier League rules. If the content of any fines didn't, somehow get back to the clubs concerned (Derby, the other 2 clubs in the playoffs and the 7th placed team who were cheated of a shot at the promotion playoffs by QPR's overspend) then surely it would go to the EFL and not the FA or the PL.

Does anybody know what the rule on this is?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)