+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilder Speaks...

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyEdge View Post
    I remember watching that really good footage of Wilder on the last deadline day and the frustration of people throwing up huge price increases at the last second when it seemed the deal was already done.
    Maybe he’s playing his cards to his chest to stop **** houses like the one at Southend trying to hold the club to ransom.
    spot on pal. hes not gone come out in interviews and say YES IVE GOT LOADS TO SPEND NAME YA PRICE. FFS. cant believe the amount of wrist slashing that goes on ,on these forums it makes ya wanna slash ya wrist at times

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    I don’t really know, Gray. I have asked on another thread for us to all have a bit of patience - and pass judgement on any toings and froings after they have happened, not before. It is very difficult to know what the board is up to. Even the Annual Reports are so opaque nowadays, that I can’t tell what is really happening (and I make most of my income from reading Annual Reports and investing accordingly).
    All I will say is that I am glad we are not “spunkin moneh” on old, overpaid, injury prone, has beens as was too often the case in the past.
    At the moment I suppose I am a bit of a “happy clapper”. How long that continues, remains to be seen.
    I can’t disagree with any of that Ronnie.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyEdge View Post
    I remember watching that really good footage of Wilder on the last deadline day and the frustration of people throwing up huge price increases at the last second when it seemed the deal was already done.
    Maybe he’s playing his cards to his chest to stop **** houses like the one at Southend trying to hold the club to ransom.
    I really hope that the case JE, not just because of the team but the effect it may have on Wilder if it’s not.

Personally I reckon I’m 60/40 that it’s not, but maybe past experience is clouding my judgement. As always I live in hope.

you can certainly sense chris's frustration in these interviews but i also think he has a tough personality and can deal with setbacks and sees it all as a challenge and ive still got faith in him to get us to the premier league within the next 3 years if he gets the required backing

He said at the beginning of the week that he hopes to see something happen by the end of the week.

Bearing in mind our injury and fitness problems I think it is ***** to get business done early so that another four or five games don't pass us by.

Bearing in mind nothing has happened and it looks like the boardroom aren't going to help sufficiently.

I just hope that CW isn't reduced to what other managers were before, bringing in anybody to get the numbers up. I'd rather we signed nobody than go down that route again.

If CW was unhappy then I'm positive he would tell us all. Give the man and the club more time please.

UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    If CW was unhappy then I'm positive he would tell us all. Give the man and the club more time please.

UTCB
    I must admit, I am often amused that us blokes, who normally take a few days of cupboard door slamming and huffing about the house, to work out that we've upset the missus, (and still then have no idea what we did...) can deduce not only that the manager is frustrated, but the reason and back-story of why he is frustrated all from a short snippet of radio interview.
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 05-01-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I must admit, I am often amused that us blokes, who normally take a few days of cupboard door slamming and huffing about the house, to work out that we've upset the missus, (and still then have no idea what we did...) can deduce not only that the manager is frustrated, but the reason and back-story of why he is frustrated all from a short snippet of radio interview.
    I think you'll find it's the serial lies,smoke and mirrors and empty promises emanating from the boardroom since God was a boy.
    Obviously if one wanders around wearing rose tinted glasses and believe in unicorns one tends to ignore these somewhat obvious "hints".

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    I think you'll find it's the serial lies,smoke and mirrors and empty promises emanating from the boardroom since God was a boy.
    Obviously if one wanders around wearing rose tinted glasses and believe in unicorns one tends to ignore these somewhat obvious "hints".
    Agree 100%.

Additionally, I don't think I've seen one single poster yet not say 'I hope I'm wrong' when they're referring to the board doing their usual transfer window dealings.

I hope I'm right and we don't 'go for broke'

I don't think we can get auto this season after the run we are on and the lottery of the PO's is not worth the risk to overspend in the JTW even if the board wanted to spend.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast