+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilder Speaks...

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    I hope I'm right and we don't 'go for broke'

I don't think we can get auto this season after the run we are on and the lottery of the PO's is not worth the risk to overspend in the JTW even if the board wanted to spend.
    Literally no one is advocating this, no matter how many times people accuse.

All we're asking for is that CW is given the amount of money HE sees as necessary to push the team on. I'm not saying he should be given squillions of pounds or that we should risk our future, more that if he thinks we need to spend a certain amount on players, the board trust him enough to give him what he needs to do his job.

You can just tell by chips1889 ambition that he supports Real Madrid really

"Oooooohh errrrr £80 million for Ronaldo" "£90 million for Bale"

"There's some great players in Spanish League six that we could pick up much cheaper"

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Agree 100%.

Additionally, I don't think I've seen one single poster yet not say 'I hope I'm wrong' when they're referring to the board doing their usual transfer window dealings.
    That's because they don't want to be wrong, as that would mean they have to accept the unthinkable, that the board and the manager are happily working well together and to the same objective. Simpler if you can beat the club with their big homemade stick again. Beats kicking the cat, I suppose.

Then again..I saw some distinct clues in Wilders body language during his last radio interview. Summats up...mark my words...

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    That's because they don't want to be wrong, as that would mean they have to accept the unthinkable, that the board and the manager are happily working well together and to the same objective. Simpler if you can beat the club with their big homemade stick again. Beats kicking the cat, I suppose.

Then again..I saw some distinct clues in Wilders body language during his last radio interview. Summats up...mark my words...
    Try reading it again. Everyone has said 'I hope I'm wrong'. I do truly hope I'm wrong and that Wilder gets everything he needs this transfer window. Mind you, I'm not sure what you'd do without people to argue black's white against.

Try reading it again. Everyone has said 'I hope I'm wrong'. I do truly hope I'm wrong and that Wilder gets everything he needs this transfer window. Mind you, I'm not sure what you'd do without people to argue black's white against.
    Carpe accusin others on here of wantin to argue,that's a cracker. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Carpe accusin others on here of wantin to argue,that's a cracker. UTCB
    I don't argue just for the sake of it like some of you sad fúckers. You're always picking fights by invoking TT's name whenever McCabe is mentioned - you openly admitted that you were disappointed that he didn't 'bite'. I'm just putting my point of view across.

I don't argue just for the sake of it like some of you sad fúckers. You're always picking fights by invoking TT's name whenever McCabe is mentioned - you openly admitted that you were disappointed that he didn't 'bite'. I'm just putting my point of view across.
    Peace bro it's a forum,folk have differin views.I've said consistently i've no problem wi TT at all,he's entitled to his opinions,if i don't agree i'll say so and sometimes i try a bit of humour in my answers, if my humour dunt suit everyone then so be it,ya can't please everyone.UTCB

It'll be either humour,banter or misunderstanding CD.

It always is but, for me, it does not wash any longer and the increasingly pathetic attempts at trying to get a bite become more laughable by the post.

Oh, and then there's the 'mi owd pal' when feeling slighted and searching for a vestige of approval.

Yeah, I've noticed the old 'I was joking' defence quite a lot recently.

Thing is, if someone wants to have proper debate, that's fine. It's this childish point-scoring and setting up 'us vs. them' that pisses me off. I don't see the point in it.

Yeah, I've noticed the old 'I was joking' defence quite a lot recently.

Thing is, if someone wants to have proper debate, that's fine. It's this childish point-scoring and setting up 'us vs. them' that pisses me off. I don't see the point in it.
    But then we are not worthy CD- only the True Blade is.

As for the lack of reasoned debate I've drawn the logical conclusion, from all the evidence posted over time, that it's competency based not deliberate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast