+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wilder Speaks...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If CW was unhappy then I'm positive he would tell us all. Give the man and the club more time please.

UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    If CW was unhappy then I'm positive he would tell us all. Give the man and the club more time please.

UTCB
    I must admit, I am often amused that us blokes, who normally take a few days of cupboard door slamming and huffing about the house, to work out that we've upset the missus, (and still then have no idea what we did...) can deduce not only that the manager is frustrated, but the reason and back-story of why he is frustrated all from a short snippet of radio interview.
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 05-01-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I must admit, I am often amused that us blokes, who normally take a few days of cupboard door slamming and huffing about the house, to work out that we've upset the missus, (and still then have no idea what we did...) can deduce not only that the manager is frustrated, but the reason and back-story of why he is frustrated all from a short snippet of radio interview.
    I think you'll find it's the serial lies,smoke and mirrors and empty promises emanating from the boardroom since God was a boy.
    Obviously if one wanders around wearing rose tinted glasses and believe in unicorns one tends to ignore these somewhat obvious "hints".

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    I think you'll find it's the serial lies,smoke and mirrors and empty promises emanating from the boardroom since God was a boy.
    Obviously if one wanders around wearing rose tinted glasses and believe in unicorns one tends to ignore these somewhat obvious "hints".
    Agree 100%.

Additionally, I don't think I've seen one single poster yet not say 'I hope I'm wrong' when they're referring to the board doing their usual transfer window dealings.

I hope I'm right and we don't 'go for broke'

I don't think we can get auto this season after the run we are on and the lottery of the PO's is not worth the risk to overspend in the JTW even if the board wanted to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    I hope I'm right and we don't 'go for broke'

I don't think we can get auto this season after the run we are on and the lottery of the PO's is not worth the risk to overspend in the JTW even if the board wanted to spend.
    Literally no one is advocating this, no matter how many times people accuse.

All we're asking for is that CW is given the amount of money HE sees as necessary to push the team on. I'm not saying he should be given squillions of pounds or that we should risk our future, more that if he thinks we need to spend a certain amount on players, the board trust him enough to give him what he needs to do his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Agree 100%.

Additionally, I don't think I've seen one single poster yet not say 'I hope I'm wrong' when they're referring to the board doing their usual transfer window dealings.
    That's because they don't want to be wrong, as that would mean they have to accept the unthinkable, that the board and the manager are happily working well together and to the same objective. Simpler if you can beat the club with their big homemade stick again. Beats kicking the cat, I suppose.

Then again..I saw some distinct clues in Wilders body language during his last radio interview. Summats up...mark my words...

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    That's because they don't want to be wrong, as that would mean they have to accept the unthinkable, that the board and the manager are happily working well together and to the same objective. Simpler if you can beat the club with their big homemade stick again. Beats kicking the cat, I suppose.

Then again..I saw some distinct clues in Wilders body language during his last radio interview. Summats up...mark my words...
    Try reading it again. Everyone has said 'I hope I'm wrong'. I do truly hope I'm wrong and that Wilder gets everything he needs this transfer window. Mind you, I'm not sure what you'd do without people to argue black's white against.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Try reading it again. Everyone has said 'I hope I'm wrong'. I do truly hope I'm wrong and that Wilder gets everything he needs this transfer window. Mind you, I'm not sure what you'd do without people to argue black's white against.
    Carpe accusin others on here of wantin to argue,that's a cracker. UTCB