+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O/T restaurant.

Goodfellas on Westgate sounds like a pizza takeaway but is an excellent Italian restaurant in town.
    Their Fillet steak with dolcelatte sauce is lovely rare with new potatoes.
    They do some cracking seafood linguine as well.
    Doesn’t look much from the outside but nice inside and great staff.
    Check out their trip advisor.
    Next door is a decent Chinese called Dynasty. They do a reasonably price banquet where you get practically everything they have to offer. About ten course brought out.
    Be careful in there. I went in once and GM GM was on the next table eating superfoods.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    Much better silly....I accept the missing apostrophe as I do the same and often omit them which is slowly becoming the norm.

There is a 'Save the apostrophe group' but alas they are fighting a lost cause.

I will now take my leave for another few weeks as the return of crashbang is too much for any man( woman,???) to stand.
    I think the group you are referring to Kempo is the Dalton and District campaign for real English, they both meet bi-annually at SMW

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Goodfellas on Westgate sounds like a pizza takeaway but is an excellent Italian restaurant in town.
    Their Fillet steak with dolcelatte sauce is lovely rare with new potatoes.
    They do some cracking seafood linguine as well.
    Doesn’t look much from the outside but nice inside and great staff.
    Check out their trip advisor.
    Next door is a decent Chinese called Dynasty. They do a reasonably price banquet where you get practically everything they have to offer. About ten course brought out.
    Be careful in there. I went in once and GM GM was on the next table eating superfoods.
    Nothing super about the food in there...”tha gets loads” was the only audible compliments I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Glass House is in Wath, there have been a lot of complaints on the food, we went in a party of 14 people in December, found food dearer & not very good, one real ale on, which tasted cr*p.
    Friends of ours went Christmas day for lunch with their family, not impressed.
    Was okay when it first opened, then they started burning everything, then they changed the menu for the worse.

With reference to the KFC thread, apparently Lucky Fox on Division Street does the "best fried chicken ever".

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Travellers at Birdwell is exceptional and very good value for money .

The Ash which is through the other side of Wombwell going towards Stairfoot roundabout is also very good and value for money .

Indian ?

The Royal Spice at Darton , which is the other side of town heading towards Wakefield .

Doesn't look much from the outside ( former WMC ) but inside it's more than ok and the food and prices are exceptional .
    Have you tried mumbai at Darfield animal lovely jubbly, also hare n hounds hoyland common reaaly nice

I've heard both are nice, animal...

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I can highly recommend Elupos on Effingham Street.
    just returned from brins restaurant tip.. booked late (thursday) and all they had was a table for two (perfect) though we had to be done for 8pm which was ok..
    nice looking restaurant.. very friendly staff, leather cream seating with white table clothes.. views through to the kitchen where meals were being prepared. drink selection was ok though larger was peroni or a Italian brew ive never heard of so stuck to the peroni
    plenty of choice for starters and main meal. when its just me n the mrs we order what we fancy and put it in the middle of the table n share
    we had spicy meatballs with tomato sauce, garlic bread with cheese and buffalo mozzarella, tomato n rocket with balsamic vinegar/olive oil dressing for starters.
    main was ham n mushroom pizza, fries, chicken in white wine sauce with blue Stilton, roasted veg (beans,carrots, spuds)
    desert was crepe filled with vanilla ice cream, choc sauce and cream, and a banana split..

really enjoyed the meal as its different to what we normally try.
    spicy meatballs were delicious. chicken with Stilton n wine sauce was also wow as was the banana split.
    everything else was nice. only negative was the crepe, pre cooked and served cold. was a bit rubbery and being filled with icecream it would have been nice to have it warm....
    3 pints, 2 soft drinks plus food above £75 solid 7.5/10

How can you have warm ice cream 😂

you been drinking silly. just read 3 of your posts and non make sense

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast