+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to test the skill of our recruitment director.

Absolutely spot on Animal - but for some reason our supporters think we are a big club who can buy the likes of KM but your policy of spotting talent in the lower league is second only maybe to Peterboro - we could have matched the asking fee but not the wages ,that's why Peterboro backed off. Just hope he delivers for you as having seen your previous two home matches you need some firepower however do not fall into the trap we did when we couldn't score a few weeks ago and start going route 1.Im sure Heckie wont fall for that one !

Don’t Peterborough still have a transfer embargo?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Our chairman says we shop at Harrods. We know we can't really afford to shop at Lidl ��
    The Harrods thing was the daftest thing he's ever said. Why didn't the reporter for Radio Sheffield ask him 'Really Tony?!'

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Absolutely spot on Animal - but for some reason our supporters think we are a big club who can buy the likes of KM but your policy of spotting talent in the lower league is second only maybe to Peterboro - we could have matched the asking fee but not the wages ,that's why Peterboro backed off. Just hope he delivers for you as having seen your previous two home matches you need some firepower however do not fall into the trap we did when we couldn't score a few weeks ago and start going route 1.Im sure Heckie wont fall for that one !
    What I'm seeing mate is a club who have consistently had to keep putting out championship fires and trying to survive at that level , exaclty where we were when we were relegated in 2014 .

There's unlikely to be a plan because just like ourselves you don't get the opportunity in the championship on our resources , it's all week to week and dealing with obtaining enough league points to survive .

Eventually of course it catches up with you as we have both found out .

The time to learn those lessons are in league one , less pressure to survive but a much smaller budget .

I'm not seeing that at the moment at the NYS , let's assume you go up through the play offs this season , more than feasible , but then you are back to square one in the championship next season .

Now I'm not saying our plan is foolproof because it isn't , our league position tells you that , we've made mistakes with players contracts and found ourselves having to rebuild a complete squad in one window , not good .

However , should we be relegated the club is in far better shape to bounce back , a young and developing squad , a tweak here and there and we should be good to go and financially viable enough not to be too affected by the loss in tv revenue as perhaps other relegated clubs are .

There's things I like about our policy and there's things that have caught us out , we are still learning some harsh lessons too , there are one or two underlining issues that have had me alarmed too but I'll not go into that .

Nobody's invented any wheels here , there's no massive gap between our two clubs .

The players are out there all you need to do is find em .

Think you should keep one eye on the Barnsley message board m8. Looks like the natives are not happy at signing moore

What's a Barnsley fan doing on this site. Whose interested in Barnsley FC on here. What's up with there site? don't they want you. Goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Think you should keep one eye on the Barnsley message board m8. Looks like the natives are not happy at signing moore
    Aye there's plenty of us who think we know more than Hecky cayton .

Which possibly explains why I work 4 x 12 hour shifts including weekends and Hecky doesn't .

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    What's a Barnsley fan doing on this site. Whose interested in Barnsley FC on here. What's up with there site? don't they want you. Goodbye.
    No problem mate , I'll leave you to it .

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Its a football message board thats linked to a network of other clubs by a click of a mouse with the objective of fans communicating with each other

...hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    No problem mate , I'll leave you to it .
    Please ignore. Its good to have a sensible view from a supporter of another team. You are also completely right in what you say, we are shopping in the wrong market.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast