+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley pay £750,000 for Moore real or fake?

Barnsley pay £750,000 for Moore real or fake?

Do I believe that Barnsley can offer that money? yes do I believe that Barnsley can give him 10k a week? Probably

However there is something about this that makes no sense.

Barnsley have a new rich owner from China so why buy someone who has only just got his L1 experience and not someone who is out of favour in a premiership club like Dwight gale, they have the money now so why go for Moore and not someone better?

Yes I can believe they paid 750k which is more than we would offer. What I don't believe is the wage Peterborough chairman has spouting...
    Peterborough were never going to sign Moore. For one our offer was a lot higher than the one fry was talking bowlax about. And the wages comment. One of two things happened. Either Moore didn't want to go and asked for a redic amount to scare them off or the Peterborough chairman wanted to save face with his own fans and spouted the large amount to say "look what where competing against"...
    I don't know Barnsley wage structure though 5-7k per week would be more realistic

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Do I believe that Barnsley can offer that money? yes do I believe that Barnsley can give him 10k a week? Probably

However there is something about this that makes no sense.

Barnsley have a new rich owner from China so why buy someone who has only just got his L1 experience and not someone who is out of favour in a premiership club like Dwight gale, they have the money now so why go for Moore and not someone better?

The new owners said they weren't going to be spending daft money, and were looking at making steady progression. Signing players like Moore is a good example of how to do things. The likes of Dwight Gayle would cost 'daft money' and I doubt he'd go to Barnsley anyway. There would be enough clubs higher up the league who'd want him and could pay the same or more than Barnsley regardless of the new owners, and that's without even mentioning the Financial Fair Play rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    The new owners said they weren't going to be spending daft money, and were looking at making steady progression. Signing players like Moore is a good example of how to do things. The likes of Dwight Gayle would cost 'daft money' and I doubt he'd go to Barnsley anyway. There would be enough clubs higher up the league who'd want him and could pay the same or more than Barnsley regardless of the new owners, and that's without even mentioning the Financial Fair Play rules.
    Was just using him as an example mate but you get the point don’t you?

I just think Moore is a bad signing for Barnsley unless they are planning to go back down in which case it’s a good one.

If it’s true then that’s that but I just find it odd that Barnsley would want him

A good contact at Oakwell informs me that £10K a week is far in XS of club pay policy. Last season several top players who were transferred to bigger Championship clubs were on £6K a week so if they are going to pay Moore £10K and he doesn't deliver "there could be trouble ahead"

Can't just jump from our normal budget to a massive one in a few weeks at a club of our size , we aren't Villa , Wolves or that lot down the road .

Doesn't matter how wealthy the consortium are , we still have to adhere to FFP and our revenue streams don't equate to massive signings , as though they'd want to join a championship relegation fight in anycase .

Slow progress , root and branch improvement .

Check out the situation at Wendy , spent the big bucks up top £150m , not got promoted to the PL and now have to satisfy FFP with a load of very expensive underperforming players on mega bucks without the revenue to service FFP .

No thanks .

There’s FFP yes but if you sell Players you can buy bigger players with money you bring in and from sponsors money.

Was just using him as an example mate but you get the point don’t you?

I just think Moore is a bad signing for Barnsley unless they are planning to go back down in which case it’s a good one.

If it’s true then that’s that but I just find it odd that Barnsley would want him
    I got your point but I don't agree with it, you obviously didn't get mine. Animal has put it better than I did but you don't seem to get his either.

It doesn't all work as simply as you're putting it.

There’s FFP yes but if you sell Players you can buy bigger players with money you bring in and from sponsors money.
    It's a risky strategy to service high wages from the sale of players .

Sponorship is minimal at the moment but it will grow according to the consortium and their links to overseas media and potential exposure .

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I got your point but I don't agree with it, you obviously didn't get mine. Animal has put it better than I did but you don't seem to get his either.

It doesn't all work as simply as you're putting it.
    No I did get your point that’s why I haven’t mentioned any more prem players however I don’t know the names of any decent championship strikers that wouldn’t cost over 8 million and over 15k a week to give as a replacement example.

However like bogs said Barnsley top players are supposed to be on 6k a week so why pay 10k a week for Moore and 750k to Ipswich for a player who hasn’t even had a full season in L1.

Yes there’s fair play rules but surely there’s someone better available for Barnsley’s budget isn’t there?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast