+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barnsley pay £750,000 for Moore real or fake?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Where has it been confirmed? can only see reports of rumours.
    Apparently a mate has had a text from the club confirming it.

its all paper talk . all rubbish .. if peterborugh had 250 k accepted . why would barnsley offer 750k why not 275k . who says he is having a medical tomorrow????!!! . people make stuff up . so its looks like there in the know when really they know jack..... for all we know he could becoming to join us still .. what we have in our favor is . the fans love him . the manager loves him.. and he can become a better player with us . and he loved playing for us .

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Confirmed. He is having a medical tomorrow.
    He was supposed to have had a medical at Barnsley yesterday and another paper says medical for Barnsley is Monday and now tomorrow?

Thing is about lies is the story’s are never the same

Or do you mean medical with us

Quote Originally Posted by DonPageFanClub View Post
    its all paper talk . all rubbish .. if peterborugh had 250 k accepted . why would barnsley offer 750k why not 275k . who says he is having a medical tomorrow????!!! . people make stuff up . so its looks like there in the know when really they know jack..... for all we know he could becoming to join us still .. what we have in our favor is . the fans love him . the manager loves him.. and he can become a better player with us . and he loved playing for us .

Pretty much guaranteed first-team football with ours and he’s already a hero

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    ...and yet...
    Andy Giddings

@Gids1980
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    Understand #barnsleyfc are one of the clubs interested in signing Keiffer Moore. However, I'm told a deal is far from completion and not at the advanced stage it's been claimed.

Also from big mick:

Earlier today, Barnsley were reported to have agreed a fee of £750,000 for the 6ft 5in tall frontman, who was recently recalled from his highly successful loan spell at Rotherham, with claims he had already undergone a medical, although that appears to be jumping the gun slightly even if Oakwell appears to be his destination.

“It’ll be decided over the next few days,” McCarthy said. “He’s cup-tied anyway so he’s not involved with us.

“He trained with us yesterday and his head’s not really here, that’s for certain. He was hardly well-liked or loved here, I remember the crowd cheering when he headed a ball at one stage when he was here.

“But he’s gone and improved, he had a great time at Rotherham, he’s much more loved and revered and thought more of up there, that’s for sure.

“And I could tell yesterday when he trained, there’s a lot of interest in him and I think his head is elsewhere and I think he will probably end up elsewhere.”

Asked whether the club has accepted any bids, McCarthy added: “I’m not sure. There’s a lot of people interested.”

Is he surprised that the interest from various clubs has been so public with the Millers, Peterborough and Bradford confirming their interest and Charlton, Wigan and S****horpe also understood to be among the suitors.

“Not really. You know how much that bothers me,” the Blues boss added. “This is my bothered face. In a day when we have all the social media that goes on, never mind people talking, people sending messages all around the world, it’s very hard to keep anything quiet.

“Why would it be kept quiet, the end result of all this is that he either stayed at Rotherham, he came back and played with us and if he came back and played with us in one game, he couldn’t go anywhere else then, couldn’t be loaned out because of the two-club rule.

“We bring him back and he’s not playing in front of Garns and Waggy, that’s for sure. He doesn’t want to come back and be on the bench. He’s just had a great time, has scored 13 goals in League One. Kieffer’s head is elsewhere and I’m cool with that.”

Has he thought about keeping him for the longer term? “We’ve got an option on him and we could keep him, but not really, not when I think he’s ready to leave. He wants to leave.

“I can’t bring him back and give him reassurance, ‘By the way, I’ll put you in the team’. Really? No Garns, no Waggy, put Kieffer in the team? I don’t see that happening to be quite honest with you.”

Its interesting that mick talks about his head not being at ipswich and was not loved there. Could he be hinting he really still wants to go somewhere where he was loved ie RUFC? He also talks about the great time he had at RUFC and the fact he scored 13 goals in league 1. Would he be so prollfic in the championship? Might he feel he can carry on doing that with us?

Maybe we can still clutch at straws...
    Got a feeling mick didn't love him that much,didn't rate him that much either still a bloody good profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    He was supposed to have had a medical at Barnsley yesterday and another paper says medical for Barnsley is Monday and now tomorrow?

Thing is about lies is the story’s are never the same

Or do you mean medical with us
    With Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    With Barnsley.
    3 Medicals ? Wow hope they have enough vasaline

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    3 Medicals ? Wow hope they have enough vasaline
    That's not funny at all.

I've just had my prostate checked and the Doc told me to stop worrying, as an erection is quite normal during the procedure.
    I told him that I didn't have an erection, but he replied that he was talking about himself.

Did he also mention he'd just been on a cruise

lol CA, I suppose I should've known when he said "Go behind the screen, take all your clothes off, and put them on the chair next to mine".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123