+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lenny

well both sbt and chris seem to really rate leonard so thats good enough for me

And me.

Southend now confirmed bid accepted. Welcome Lenny lad!

It'll be three from Duffy, Fleck, Lundstram and Leonard. I expect Lundstram to eventually drop back to the bench as he's the least mobile, a trait our Chrissy likes in his players.

i would have though leonard would be nailed on for away games protecting the back 3 and samir will definetly go imo so might still be room in budget for a loan midfielder from a prem club

Won’t be sorry to Carruthers go. Proven to be a bad signing and a waste of a shirt.
    Just proves (along with Hussey) that even the messiah can get it wrong on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyEdge View Post
    Won’t be sorry to Carruthers go. Proven to be a bad signing and a waste of a shirt.
    Just proves (along with Hussey) that even the messiah can get it wrong on occasion.
    He’s got the ability but not the attitude. He might piss where he wants but he can play is football elsewhere.

Leonard is neither a replacement or a cover player. He is a player seen as being as good as the other players we have got, with the potential to be better than what we have got.

Now maybe we can put a fully fit midfield out in games no matter who is chosen. Personally I'd like to see another quality midfielder added, all our problems over the last two months have arisen because of injuries and fitness levels in this area more so than any other.

He's exactly the type of player we should be signing,
    strong, box to box, can pass, can tackle and can grab a goal or two as well

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Leonard is neither a replacement or a cover player. He is a player seen as being as good as the other players we have got, with the potential to be better than what we have got.

Now maybe we can put a fully fit midfield out in games no matter who is chosen. Personally I'd like to see another quality midfielder added, all our problems over the last two months have arisen because of injuries and fitness levels in this area more so than any other.

He's exactly the type of player we should be signing,
    strong, box to box, can pass, can tackle and can grab a goal or two as well
    Well said JJ

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyEdge View Post
    He certainly wasn't wrong to pick Carruthers up for around 300k.

Been a huge disappointment for me, thought he was going to dominate with the ball, make things happen. His body language looks wrong for me, has he been a big fish in a small pond ? Admittedly he hasn't had a lot of game time, but that must surely be down to his own efforts in training, he has little bits of skill but they are all too infrequent,compared with Coutts, Fleck and Duffy, he looks miles off being a creative ballplayer.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast